Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Bad Taste?

Pages: 1 12 replies

L

I must have the worst taste ever! If you don't know, I collect lamps. When I get a new one and someone says "that's the ugliest lamp ever" It's ususally one of my favorites.

As further proof, I look forward to "Regis and Kelly's Ugliest Couch contest" Is it wrong that I think the couches featured are beautiful?

I saw it this morning and #2 and #3 were so cool! #1 was the winner and my least favorite, too. But the other two were awesome!

I think my couch made of whiskey barrels would fit right in with what they call "ugly" but I love it!

Here's the previous winners (couldn't find pics of this years contestants)
http://www.surefit.net/ucc2004/ucc2004_prevwinners.cfm
I love them all except the blue and white number. The crown one is the best. What I wouldn't give to have that baby.
Sorry to say but I fear there may be a Witco couch in this contest some day.

My ugly couch contest would be filled with all the new, boring, massproduced, unimaginative crap found in the model homes being plastered up all over! Yuck!

[ Edited by: laney on 2004-09-15 12:07 ]

one only needs to talk to someone who decides what "good taste" is to see how distasteful it is :)

a majority of my professors at architecture school were pretty hateful and sour people...

L

Here's another site with some ugly and (I think) not so ugly couches. It has a great pic of the crown couch with someone sitting on it. It's huge! Scroll down and Check out how cool #5 is too!
http://www.norwoodmall.com/ugly/index.html

F
foamy posted on Wed, Sep 15, 2004 1:22 PM

1997's winner, from your first post, does it for me in a big way! Some of those couches are gems!

Laney:
i dig cool old lamps as well. It's amazing what you can find at auctions in PA. I dig old pinball machines too.

Speaking of bad taste, I just got a vintage apron with a cocktail waitress on it and "what's your pleasure ?" She is toppless and has fake foam breasts sewn on at the appropriate spots....

My vote is for the 1995 sectional. That sucker could sleep my whole family comfortably.

Oh, wait a minute..... I didn't see the 2001 one with chains. That thing is too cool for words!

D

Laney-Chicago used to have the laamp neighborhod-cabbies would point out to folks the crazy lamps that were prominantly displayed in their front windwows,ala "A Christmas Story"-too crazy!

D

Laney-Chicago used to have the laamp neighborhod-cabbies would point out to folks the crazy lamps that were prominantly displayed in their front windwows,ala "A Christmas Story"-too crazy!

D

D

D

K
Kono posted on Wed, Sep 15, 2004 8:16 PM

Hey doc, I think ya need a drink. Your trigger finger's got a bad case of the shakes.

Pages: 1 12 replies