Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Shipwreck Joey's Favorite Place

Pages: 1 3 replies

Bongofury (you crafty devil) you've somehow managed to stumble upon my "spot". I'm surprised you didn't wait around to catch me getting thrown out the back door at closing time by the surley bouncer who always greets me with a cheerful "aren't you the guy I threw outta here last night?"

Well.....I coudn't catch you there this time because I only saw it when we were watching "To Live And Die In L.A.". They were supposed to be down by San Pedro. Cop was visiting his girlfriend at work.

They were in Pedro at the start of the movie. The first bar scene was shot at a place (I think it's called the Crest?) that was a mile up the road from Ports o' Call just past where the fishing boats are moored. Great place. Cold beer, good burgers and horseshoes in the back...a workin' man's bar. Shipwreck Joey's was (is?) about 3 miles north of there right off the Harbor Fwy in Wilmington. I never noticed that shot when I watched the movie. I'll have to check it out again. Thanx bongo. We'll have to get together for a drink there sometime.

Pages: 1 3 replies