Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

emeril's tchoup chop tiki farm mug, see photos pg2 of how he arrived at my house

Pages: 1 30 replies

T

Ok everyone I thought I would find this out for people since I saw this on ebay it made me wonder, so I called Orlando and talked to the TCHOUP CHOP and they will do a credit card order over the phone and send it to you, cost on the mug is $12.00 they did not have a shipping cost they said they would call me back with that. Just wanted to let people know before someone spent too much on it. The info for the rest. is below.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3930884023&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1

Emeril's Tchoup Chop
Universal Orlando's Royal Pacific Resort
6300 Hollywood Way
Orlando, FL 32819
ph: 407.503.2467

[ Edited by: tiki-toa on 2004-09-16 09:22 ]

[ Edited by: Tiki-Toa on 2004-09-22 09:30 ]

Excellent info TikiToa! I saw that auction and was wondering if they would sell them! Thanks!

Thanks Toa, cool mug, just ordered one. Real friendly person gladly took my order and asked about the Tikiroom, she's had several calls.

T

BAM!

T

No problem guys, if it is the same girl I talked too she is such a sweet person and very friendly. Think I should have warned her that she might be getting some calls?

I just got off the phone with them and directed them to Tiki Central. They are very interested and wanted to know who we were and such and such....( If you ladies are reading now..."HI!" ) Hopefully we don't overwhelm them and run them out of mugs!

C

They were super-sweet and completely AMAZED at all these calls - Thanks Tiki-Toa for the tip - just fabulous!!

:drink:

Toa, be careful with what you order there. I called them a week ago and they told me they sold out of the green ones and they had a similar, but smaller, blue version for $12.00, it is NOT the same mug, but they tell me it's similar so what the hell....I ordered it. Nicky is the girl I talked to. You can also talk to Jason. I just spoke with Nicky yesterday to confirm my order and she said they wouldn't be getting the green mugs back in for another couple weeks. Also, they will be more expensive than their smaller blue brothers. FYI: they also sell tiki martini glasses, pineapple and coconut mugs, as well as a bowl. I'm sure they're all the same Tiki Farm stuff, but I'm not sure.

Update on this........

Just called and apparently they just got some of the green ones in. I also ordered one. They said they'll ship it out today. I'll let you guys and gals know what the blue one looks like when it gets here.

T

Mahalo Mothra, I was not aware of them having more then one mug, pretty sure I ordered the green one, well, at least I hope I did.

Hey Toa, no worries.....I'm sure you got the green one. They were pretty on top of it when I called and knew the specifics of each mug. So if you specified the green one, I'm sure that's the one you'll get. I'm actually really anxious to see what the blue one looks like.

Glad to see more mugs coming out!! At least this one isn't a high priced "limited edition"!!

T

[ Edited by: TNTiki on 2004-11-06 17:21 ]

T

[ Edited by: TNTiki on 2004-11-06 17:22 ]

I spoke to Jason as well. I called yesterday 9/15/04 and he said they were out. Then I saw your posts today that some of you guys have called and they were in, so I called again today. Yes, they were in, but it will take 3-4 weeks to get them delivered. He offered to do COD, but I just used my credit card. I ordered 2. I only live 3 hours away from Orlando, but I don't know when I will get to go. Very cool looking mug, and all I have to say is ....BAM!

Yeah, the green one is the only one they have with the ear rings. I have no idea what the blue tiki looks like, but I ordered it anyway. Jason told me it was similar to the green one. Nicky told me it was completely different, so who knows? It should be here sometime next week. I just ordered a green one which they told me would ship out today. I'm guessing all the other stuff is the same Tiki Farm stuff you can get off the Tiki Farm website, but with their logo on them or something. I could be wrong though.

Holden, any imput on this?

My wife and I dined there a while back -- the people are very nice, great service, food is good, but not amazing.

At the time, they were not selling the mug and most of the mugs in use were badly chipped. The green ring mug was the only one marked Tchoup Chop -- the rest were more common generic mugs (mix of Tiki farm and some common reproductions, if I recall.

Very few tikis in the restaurant, alas, aside from the mugs.

-M

does anyone happen to have the phone number so I can get in on all this ordering

T

Matty see page one and my first post ok.

oopps didn't see that there the first time just now saw it

On 2004-09-16 15:23, SON OF MOTHRA wrote:
Yeah, the green one is the only one they have with the ear rings. I have no idea what the blue tiki looks like, but I ordered it anyway. Jason told me it was similar to the green one. Nicky told me it was completely different, so who knows? It should be here sometime next week. I just ordered a green one which they told me would ship out today. I'm guessing all the other stuff is the same Tiki Farm stuff you can get off the Tiki Farm website, but with their logo on them or something. I could be wrong though.

Holden, any imput on this?

The "Blue Ones" are our Shell Head Tiki mug by Drew Brophy in cobalt blue. They order them because the kids (they do a non-alcoholic drink in this mug) like the fact that Shell Head is grabbin' his sss and apparently, that goes over well with kidz! Look out for SDSU (San Diego State University) mugs where one cheek reads "SD" and the other reads "SU"..."San Diego Crack State University!!".
Holden

E
EsQui posted on Fri, Sep 17, 2004 7:15 PM

I want one too! Anyone find out the shipping charge yet? This is where I'm going to put it:

Thanks!

EsQui
http://www.waitingchairgallery.com

[ Edited by: EsQui on 2004-09-17 19:17 ]

I got mine today, nice mug. Mine was $12.87 shipped! I am shocked it survived the trip the way it was packed. I suspect the good mana the Emerils folks are throwing off helped.

T

Well there I was sitting at my PC when I hear the outside door open, then close, so I get up and look down the steps and there was a present left by the UPS man (gotta love BROWN) and I pick up the box after looking at it and thinking man what did I order that would need this big ol' box? Then I see the label that says Tchoup Choup. So I bring it inside and the box darn near opened itself, but when I opened it I found not tons of popcorn or any bubble wrap. Just a Emeril's bag and in the bag all by itself was my beautiful mug that I had ordered safe and sound. :)

Now I'm scared! Mine has to make it all the way to the West Coast!! I asked if they were going to wrap and pack well....I was told..."Of course!"

Also, did anyone else gasp at the shipping charge? Mine was 16 bucks! I think at that rate it should come priority overnight....Ack!

Ya know now that I look at my receipt I think they charged me the $12.78 for the mug but not for the shipping......shhhhhhhh lets not tell anyone. Of course it may show up later somewhere else on my statement.

So, I looked up the tracking # that came along with the billing on my credit card and found that the package is 10 pounds!!! This thing is either packed VERY well, or they sent me several mugs!! It won't arrive until the 27th ( Something about problems at the distribution hub ) This is VERY interesting!

[ Edited by: aquaorama on 2004-09-22 11:21 ]

[ Edited by: aquaorama on 2004-09-22 11:27 ]

MAN! If i wasn't strapped for cash at the moment I'd get me one. That looks awesome!!

BTW guess who paid 2 1/2 times more for the same mug on ebay?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3930884023&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1

I noticed he's a member of the board, too bad he doesn't come here any more, could have saved him some green.

just got mine yesterday. It arrived safe in sound in the same bag w/mug wrapped in foam. Also had just the receipt for the mug. Made it safe and sound and love the glaze it's thin enough to be light green, but where it has definition it's very dark green. Very cool. Very sea worthy, almost neptune-esqu. Shipping charges must be coming later.

PI

I picked up a brown one last night at Tchoup Chop. The restaurant is so gorgeous.

I love my new mug.

AND they are still only $12.

T
teaKEY posted on Thu, Apr 7, 2005 7:56 AM

I got the green one a while ago. I think it may be the best mug I have ever bought. The green is sweet , tons of fine detail and the surface is like glass. No other mug is like this. I just saw the brown one of Ebay for the first time this week. the description said both colors were sold out. I can't think it would be. Shipping wasn't too bad. Fair. I bought two and saved big. And I think that the price they told me was even less on my credit card statement. later fellow mug lovers.

Pages: 1 30 replies