Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Stentiki in Massachusetts 10/3 - 10/8

Pages: 1 16 replies

S

Boston 10/3 - 10/7

Western Mass (Springfield) 10/8

Mai Tais anyone?

Tiki Greg, shall make our annual trek to the Hu Ke Lau in Chicopee on 10/8?

I will also be coming to CT in late October. Hope to see you then.

D

hey! we'll be in boston Oct 2-5, then to burlington vt, then sorta traveling around, up to canada and into maine.. returning home oon oct 16.

if your plans are firm for Oct 8 at Hu Ke Lau, we could drive down and meet you!

kowloon and bali hai are on our list too ~ we really dont have any plans, except to eat seafood and sightsee. so we're flexible!

let us know!
elicia

Hey elicia,

I always make a pilgrimage to Kowloon when I'm in the Boston area. Perhaps we can meet there Sunday night for dinner and drinks (I'm free Monday or Tuesday night as well). Bali Hai is 10 minutes at the most from Kowloon, although I think they might close earlier.

There's also the Tiki Room near Fenway Park -- more neo-Tiki but they have some impressive carvings. And if you haven't been to Fenway, it's definitely a site to see.

Anyhoo, let me know what you think and we can work something out.

Hu Ke Lau has a good show. Last year, I met Tiki Greg and his wife there. I will drop him a line in case he has not seen this message and will get back to you.

T

Aloha Arty!

Glad to hear you'll be heading our way soon! I will check to see if we're free on Oct. 8th; that's Kathleen's birthday weekend, so I'm not sure what our plans are. I'll get back to you. But you definitely have to stop by when you're in CT to see the tiki lounge, not that it's complete.

Hey Greg,

Good to hear from you. I hit the road Sunday, but will check back on TC from time to time as the dates draw near. Please give my best to Kathleen.

Keep me posted on your plans, Dogbytes.

Love the Kowloon!

i looked at the website, and seems Oct 8,9,10 weekend is good, with "Hawaii Calls" and the floorshow..

we would probably check out of burlington that night, then stay over in chicopee.. then continue our travels the next day..

we have no commitments to friends or family or work, so we can work around your schedule for that weekend!

my cell number is 206-321-4096

S

Just finished packing for my 3 week trip. Off to NYC tomorrow!

Okay, so let's say Hu Ke Lau on October 8. I wouldn't recommend staying in Chicopee -- it's a little shady and not much there except for the Hu Ke Lau.

I'll be driving down from Northfield and staying in Springfield which is about 15 minutes away. It's also home to the Basketball Hall of Fame. It's a long haul down from Burlington to Chicopee, so be ready to spend a half day on the road. You might also want to time it so you don't hit Friday night traffic.

Once we hear from TG, then we can make reservations for the show. I'll check back later this week to see how things are shaping up.

Safe travels.

Aloha,

Arty

[ Edited by: stentiki on 2004-09-18 17:35 ]

T

OK folks, we're on for the 8th of Oct! I can make the reservations if you like, since I live the closest. I'll also request a good table so we can see the show up close. Seating begins at 5:30, and show starts around 7.

~ Greg

S

Sounds like a plan, TG!

Once we hear from Dogbytes you can go forward with the reservations.

I'll be coming down from Northfield so hopefully I'll be there between 6 and 6:30.

Looking forward to it!

D

count me and my lovely husband, Todd ~ in ~ we'll be there at seating time on Oct 8.

this is so exciting.. a new england tiki adventure!

elicia

T

Cool! I'll post here again tomorrow once I've made the reservations.

TG

T

OK peeps, I've made the reservation for Oct. 8th! I also put in a request for a booth that should give us decent viewing of the show. It will be good to see you again Arty, and to meet Elicia and Todd!

Aloha!

~tg

S

Looking forward to it, gang!

HU KE LAU! HU KE LAU!

S

hey gang,

i'm currently in mass. just back from kowloon! looking forward to seeing you in chicopee on friday.

eta is around 6:30 pm. drinks and flaming pu pu platters! hold my place in case i am late. i'm not sure if i will have access to email after today, so call me if anything changes. tg, you have my cell number and i have yours.

see you friday.

T

We'll be there, my friend! Dogbytes and husband certainly picked a great week to tour New England. Couldn't be better weather, in the 60s and sunshine, brings the colors out in force!

TG

S

Hey gang,

I'm finally home after 3 long weeks on the road! It was great fun hooking up at the Hu Ke Lau. Elicia and Todd, it was nice meeting you. Thanks for making the drive all the way down from Burlington, VT. You guys are tiki troopers! Safe travels through New England. TG & Kathleen, always a pleasure as usual. You two are da best! See you in couple 'o weeks.

Aloha,

Arty

[ Edited by: stentiki on 2004-10-10 16:47 ]

T

Great seeing you again also, Arty! And here's a pic of the HuKeLau newbies, dogbytes and husband Todd (aka Frank)

Sooner or later, they all come to the HuKeLau!!

Pages: 1 16 replies