Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Survivor: Vanuatu

Pages: 1 11 replies

T

Ok all I can say is TIKI everywhere! Very cool and it was one of the best openings yet of a Survivor yet. By the way did you catch the immunity idol? Oh and can we say KAVA! I loved the look on their faces and the descriptions of how it tasted.

[ Edited by: Tiki-Toa on 2004-09-18 08:09 ]

Toa, I was out of the room when they got the idol... but the episode (and ones to follow) where a total tiki overload for me.... my head is still spinning

I just saw the first 20 minutes on tape and it looks to be a good season. Love all the volcano and tiki imagery so far.

A

Those kinda shows don't normally light my fire, but one of the competitors is an old friend of my sister's, so it's fun to see. He's the one who somewhat resembles Otto (hairless, vaguely teutonic features, prosthetic leg), and he lives around the bay area somewhere, maybe Oakland. They had a party last night to celebrate opening night.

Don't ask me who wins though.

-Randy

Randy, Who Wins? :roll:

A

Randy, Who Wins?

The winner is the person who "survives" the longest without being voted off! C'mon, Sabu.. DUH! Everyone knows that!

-Randy

S
SES posted on Sat, Sep 18, 2004 12:40 AM

I slept through this! BUT luckily my mom was working so taped it to watch later so I can watch her tape of the show.
She also taped CSI except for the final 15 minutes... RATS!

T

I had to work late so I missed it and I am peeved! Is it being Re-run on CBS this weekend? I can't find out that info on the See-BS website.

T

t-fish I cannot speak for your local area but looking at mine I checked to see if and when they would be showing it again here and it looks as if they will maybe rebroadcast the first episode next week Sat. So if that held true I would say that it may be the same for you. But maybe I could be wrong so I would suggest a visit to CBS Canada online and see what the info might say.

I do hate it when they split up the men and women though. The women invariably go through the "hot women who spend the whole time splashing water on their breasts vs. middle-aged not so hot women who do all the work" fight. "They just hate us because we're hotter than they are." Whine, whine. Vomit.

On 2004-09-16 18:44, Tiki-Toa wrote:
Ok all I can say is TIKI everywhere! Very cool and it was one of the best openings yet of a Survivor yet.

The closing tribal meeting also had lots of tiki. Beautiful island, as well.

For those few who don't already know, a lot of the stuff (and some tiki) from the show is up for auction right now. It ain't goin' cheap, either.

http://www.bidmachine.com/survivor/

Classic Silver Line Boats

[ Edited by: SilverLine on 2004-12-15 21:28 ]

Pages: 1 11 replies