Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Need Ideas For Tiki Wedding at SAM's Seafood

Pages: 1 10 replies

Spermy Here,
I am still looking for somebody to Marry my fiance and I. We want a polynesian, kahuna, or a lounge type person to marry us.(Maybe Elvis Impersonator) I am definatly open to suggestions. We are also still looking for a cool DJ. We are not trying to have a typical wedding. Does anybody have any IDEAS? Our wedding is coming up in November. So I am trying to get the ball rolling. I know I have already posted this once, but I am looking for more suggestions.
Maholoz and I will see some of you at the Hukilau

[ Edited by: The Sperm Whale on 2004-09-17 14:27 ]

I think Crazy Al is your minister of choice. If he dresses up as a Witchdoctor, I will lend him my monkey-skull amulet to bless the two of you. Of course you will each need to be tied to stakes next to a giant pot of boiling water - but let's not go into details now.

I have tons of ideas, and friends with theatrical experiance and props.

You need to have an idea of what you want, which this post does not convey.

The theatrical bit is more for understanding when people loose attention and the timing of things.

Contact me if you would lke some more names and numbers.

Sabu is Crazy Al an ordained minister? If so I love your idea. I met him once at the Tiki Beach Festival but never thought to ask him. I bought his CD though cool stuff!!!

[ Edited by: The Sperm Whale on 2004-09-17 14:31 ]

Oh Semen Mammal,

Good luck on your nuptuals. My sincere honest recommendation would be to hire the Smokin' Menehunes to play your reception. We're located right there in Huntington Beach (which eliminates our transportation charges).

We're cheaper than any other Hawaiian band out there and we don't drink all your booze (probably).

PM me if you're interested.

Not sure if Crazy Al's an ordained minister but... BAMBOO BEN IS! I think he has a toll-free number for such events but I can't locate that nr. right now.
MAHALOZ!
Holden

M
Moki posted on Sat, Sep 18, 2004 12:36 AM

Anybody can be a "Deputy Marriage Commisioner" for the day in California. You just have to fill out the form at the County Recorders office and pay the $50 fee. San Diego County has the form on-line. You can check with other counties closer to you.

'OnaTiki is performing his second ceremony this weekend for a couple of our friends.

Good luck Spermy!
Aloha
:drink:

Are you guys getting married on the beach? An aisle made of tiki torches in the sand would look great!

I'm a florist and I have a great source for an exotic flower importer. She imports from Hawaii and Thailand -- leis, anthurium, heliconia, ginger, orchids, you name it. I know she also ships.

Let me know if you're interested and I'll get you her number.

On 2004-09-19 21:20, CruzinTiki wrote:
Are you guys getting married on the beach? An aisle made of tiki torches in the sand would look great!

Fantastic idea! I saw a wedding in the park in the North Shore of Hawaii at sunset and it was wonderfully romantic.

My cousin had a reception at Shanghai Red, at sunset & I wondered why they didn't exchange vows then.

But the devilish details - do the guests stand or do you order a party planning co. to set up, wait around and remove the chairs.

Will it be too chilly in November to stand on the beach at sunset?

Will the life guards ride over and ask you to exitinguish the tiki torches?

Will anyone mind wearing good shoes or removing them to walk across the sand - (OK this is weak, but some might mind).

There is a risk that the wedding photographs will be dark or the happy couple will be overexposed against a dark background.

Just to make things clear We are planning to have our wedding at Sam's in "the Hidden Village" if you ar familiar Sam's. No wedding on the beach. It is a great room for our wedding. It has a waterfall for a back drop and lots of Tiki's and a large bar for our reception.
Maholoz,
Spermy

T

Spermwhale

Sam's is a great place for a wedding! My wife and I got married there 21 years ago in the Hidden Village. It turned out fantastic. I had originally wanted to do the beach thing but lost out to the demand for the monkeysuit. Having it at Sam's was a good compromise. It's been great now that we live nearby as it holds a very warm family feeling for us (or maybe thats just the mai tai glow)

Good Luck

Trustar

Pages: 1 10 replies