Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

custom shrunken heads

Pages: 1 13 replies

was not sure if this fit this thread, but the shrunken head is a great addition to a tiki bar. my friend is making custom shrunken heads under his new company Grim Toe Industries. Tim is a tiki aficionado, having a few tats to show for it.

the head pictured here is without the bindings, but he is going to due those as well.
Tim is an amazing artist, whose work has been seen in so many films the list is silly.
if anyone is interested in one of these highly realistic creations i can put you in contact with him.

B

Woah. That is pretty intense. In fact, maybe too intense. One of those may be a little too realistic and grisly for us. I like a shrunken head in a tiki room, but I think we might have to stick with the cheesy, shaved pig's hide, carnival variety.

T

Hey TikiTanked check out some of the great head art in this thread too. But man, your buddies take first prize in looking real! Look forward to seeing the finished piece.

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=8394&forum=7

Gads - thats really cool, and I'd love to see the bound shrunken head variety!

And as I was sitting here, my wife came up and said 'for the record, thats just a little over the line for what I'm comfortable having in the living room'.

I'm pretty sure that eventually, we're going to end up with 2 tiki rooms - the living room with happy smiling tiki's and lots of light wood, and the basement tiki room which is sort of like 'if the Addams Family had a tiki bar'.

And this variety of shrunken head would be perfect for that:)

Are you sure this guy isn't an axe murderer?

Isn't that head more a decaying severed head rather than a shrunken head which we all know has the skull removed and the lips and eyes sewed up?

On 2004-09-20 07:58, atomictonytiki wrote:
Isn't that head more a decaying severed head rather than a shrunken head which we all know has the skull removed and the lips and eyes sewed up?

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=8187&forum=1

This head is one style of preserved head, sorry for the mix up. tim will also be doing some of the traditional shrunken heads.

K
Kono posted on Mon, Sep 20, 2004 5:50 PM

On a somewhat related note, here's an ebay auction I just found that I'm kind of surprised hasn't been pulled.

That preserved head is TOO realistic for me! Can't wait to see what the shrunken heads look like.

I also think that is a little too intense! If the Cops came over I think they might arrest me cuz I was some type of Witch Doctor! With a real head in my Tiki Bar! yikes!!! My wife also said " Absoultly No Way are you getting one of those for our Bar!!! :(

[ Edited by: ka maka koa tiki on 2004-09-20 20:40 ]

W
wushu posted on Tue, Sep 21, 2004 4:24 AM

nuttin' says lovin' like a decaying head at the bar stool next to ya...that is wicked and slightly unsettling

B

:o WOW! That is really realistic...pretty cool and major creepy! Muwahahahahahahahaaha!

Does he have a website for Grim Toe industries???/

K
Kahu posted on Sun, Apr 20, 2008 2:16 PM

Cass what ever happened to your buddies heads?

Pages: 1 13 replies