Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Green Umbrellas and the Ragin' Rarotongan

Pages: 1 8 replies

I had a long talk with the Raging Rarotongan this afternoon, and let me tell you - this dude is HARDCORE ... man ... can he talk TIKI!!!! He's coming over tomorrow at about 5:00PM to have Mai-Tai's and we're gonna have a great time. Any local TC'ers are welcome to show up ... call me at 954-880-0406 and I'll give directions.

Anyway, I'm on Mai-Tai #8 (hey it's my vacation), and I figured that we should discuss something REALLY important - like umbrella colors. Personally, I've always been partial to green umbrellas. Now, this afternoon I went shopping for more umbrellas, because the Official Cybertiki Bucket O' Umbrellas had hit the 2" mark - meaning time to buy more. I went to a local Party Superstore, and bought all the umbrellas in the store (probably 300-500 umbrellas total). You should see the look on the cashiers face when you buy this many umbrellas. I told her that since all my friends were unemployed, it was my responsibility to ensure that they were provided with sufficient alcohol.

The point here is that when I got home I found myself opening the packages of umbrellas and sorting the umbrellas. I got an extra dosage of pink and blue this time around, but there were a LOT of thest really awesome GREEN umbrellas. Now I've been contemplating (listening to Elvis Blue Hawaii for about the 3rd time now), and I decided that my favorite color is the Green umbrella. Take a look and see what you think.

Since I know we're all of a serious mind here, I'd really like to hear from my fellow TC'ers to hear what your favorite umbrella color is - or does it matter - or depend on the other garnish(es) in the drink?

Cheers!

T

I am partial to the pink myself. It all depends on what the colour of your mug is. Do you go for a contrast, or a monochromatic theme? Do you match the garnish to the umbrella? These are the questions that keep us up at night.

PI

I am also partial to the green...followed closely by blue.

S

I'm gonna go with the green too, although I agree with the coordinating drinks and ambiance theory. I do have one umbrella from the Tonga Room that says that on the umbrella. Any other places do that? Do they still do that? I'd say that's a plus just like having the restaraunt name on a mug.

Well,there's a fun vacation activity-sorting paper umbrellas by color,listening to Elvis,and enjoying many tropical drinks-I got a big chuckle out of this!As far as color goes,I really don't care as long as I don't get poked in the eye by one.

PAPER umbrellas..?

I must of gotten slightly confused somewhere. I've been using the cheap, full-size Walmart umbrellas in my Tiki drinks.

No wonder the darn things kept falling over...

Definitely Naphthol Crimson hue. closely followed by Hooker's Green.

I thought Hooker's Green was an occupational hazard...

[ Edited by: Stainless Steel Tiki on 2004-09-20 13:25 ]

Oh man that's sick! :D

Pages: 1 8 replies