Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Hukilau Special Opportunity - the ELVIS shirt

Pages: 1 1 replies

OK, I'm on Mai-Tai #8 and The Lovely Joelle wants me to post this NOW ... so please try to cut me some slack if I don't get it perfect the first time ...

Hukihuki of Fort Lauderdale was fortunate enough to obtain 3.5 yards of Handprinted Alfred Shaheen "Tiare Tapa" fabric recently. The fabric is original, early 1950's vintage, and is just enough to make ONE Aloha Shirt of size S-M-L; maybe XL though haven't really checked yet. We're going to be offering the fabric, to be made into a custom-fit Hukihuki Aloha Shirt at the Hukilau. We might also consider doing a dress, depending upon size and pattern.

Here's the deal; bidding at the Hukihuki table will start at $150 for the fabric to be made into a shirt/dress, and will go up from there. Current bid will be posted at the table with the fabric so anyone can stop by and up their bid if they so desire. For non-Hukilau attendees, if you PM me with your highest bid, I'll do a proxy bid for you in the same manner as eBay in $10 increments. This means that if the shirt is at $180 and you have a maximum bid of $200 the bid will go to $190 based on your maximum.

This may be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to grab a classic shirt made from NEW NEVER USED HANDPRINTED ORIGINAL VINTAGE FABRIC!!!! If you're interested or have questions, please PM me, and I'll get back to you ASAP. Thanks from Hukihuki of Fort Lauderdale!

For more info on the fabric/design, see http://www.alfredshaheen.com/tiaretapa.html

Cheers!

Guys,

Just saw the fabric!! It's absolutely amazing!! You might not have the chance to get it if I beat you to the chase. It's the most wonderful feeling to have the real thing in your hands.

Wait til you see it!

Pages: 1 1 replies