Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Rockaround

Pages: 1 8 replies

I
isaca posted on Mon, Sep 20, 2004 7:01 PM

Are there any tiki centralites who are going to the Las Vegas Rockaround? I know I know the Hukilau is the same weekend. It's a bit claser to home. There will be some great bands and non stop Vegas fun. The 5,6,7,8's and many many others will be playing. Here is the website: http://www.rockaround.net/

T

Going: yours truly, aquarj, mig, and futuragirl. See you there!

is sweet pea going? is there a hooch and smooch? what happens thurs. night?

T

On 2004-09-22 16:51, Futura Girl wrote:
what happens thurs. night?

How about drinkin' and gamblin'?! Maybe some smoochin' too!

T

I just heard that the Swingin' Neckbreakers broke up and are off the schedule. A great band is no more. :(

It'll still be a blast!

Futura Girl asked:

"is sweet pea going?"

I can't say zactly where Ms 'Pea will be on the 23, 24, and 25th but I'll hazard a guess that she'll be at the Jet City's own 17th annual Rockabilly Ball. 3 nights of bands and grease and skirts at the Tractor Tavern in Ballard:

Thursday, 9/23: Ladies Night - Bands Fronted or all Female Rockabilly Bands
Jo Miller & Her Burly Roughnecks - Seattle
The Donettes (reunion) - Seattle/Austin
The Honeybees - Chicago
Dawn Shipley & The Sharp Shooters - LA

Friday, 9/24:
Truly Lover Trio - LA
Twistin' Tarantulas - Detroit
The Lustre Kings - New York
Roy Kay Trio - Seattle

Saturday, 9/25:
Dusty 45s - Seattle
The Wild Wax Combo - Denmark
Pep Torres - LA
Hopped Up - Santa Rosa CA

With a car show Saturday in Lake City, too!

I bet now you're all boo-hooin' that yah went for the Vegas route. Suckahs!

yah - i heard from sweetpea - she will be in northern regions... looks like i won't be driving up until late thursday anyways due to work schedule...

I am going to the Rockaround minus Mrs. Lava since she is working. I am going up with the Isacas and would love and hope to see any TC people up there!

T

It was a total blast! The Monks are gods! I can't wait to see them again in Spain at the Wild Weekend. Fortune and Maltese were absolutely great! The Chesterfield Kings and the Loons blew my mind! Muck and the Mires, Deke Dickerson's Frat Band, Barrance Whitfield, and the Orangutones all had me dancing like a maniac!

Pages: 1 8 replies