Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Higi Tiki

Pages: 1 17 replies

My 3 latest carving, all mahogony 2 - 18 inch, one 12 inch. All hand done, no power tools (because I fear them). A Tiki Bob recreation, a Tiki Bob Tribute holds 1 mug on top with a Ragin' Rarotonga holding the plate, all one piece, and a Moai

"No Cobalt Blue mug For You!"

Hurricane Charlie's winds blowing on my vintage crying Tiki candle while the lights were out.

I would swear that was a real tiki bob mug.
Very beautiful work my friend.

McD! SWEET DADDY MOAI!! Those are most excellent man. Two days and the rum is on me! See you soon for lunch. :)

Wow, McDougal, those are nice. I remember seeing that moai when I first started brousing TC, but couldn't remember who did it. Your work is really excellent - smooth, proportional, and couldn't be more accurate. That moai has a great design with an attitude to boot. The finish on that mahogany is perfect! Looking forward to seeing more of your work in the future.

Oh yeah! That is the tiki bob mug shrine I commissioned from Tim that I will be picking up on Friday at Hukilau. The bob mug will sit atop the Rarotongan holding the plate. Kick ass! I can't wait to get my hands on it.

Aaron

B

Higgi, what have you been doing? these are superb and seem more advanced than your last posts. Really nice job. See you in HukiLau.

I was going to say, I thought the kooky upsidown woman was really great, and unique...but that was the back of the ritsideup blokes huevos...Still...very nice.

The wood loos great.

M

Great work as usual. That Moai is really cool! I get alot of comments on the pendant I got from you. I will be sure to wear it at Hulilau.

These are lovely, Higi. I'm proud to own one of your moai pieces.

http://www.samgambino.com

Holy Smokes! Those are fantastic!!!

excellent work....

K

Good God, man... your stuff has "bad mutha fucka" written all over it!

Thanks Unga, Ben, Sam, AtomicChick, Kahaka and Gigantalope your praise means alot to me. Aaron, thanks, this is a different Moai though. Toa see you Tommorow, RR and Mo see you Friday!

T

[ Edited by: TNTiki on 2004-11-06 16:21 ]

Sweet work, I'm going to have to get me one of those Tiki Bob's since it looks like I'm never going to find a real one in the wild.

See ya at Hukilau.

TNTiki I didn't know you where you:-) Flounder see you this weekend and please, please let's trade!!!

T

Not only can this man carve, he is one of the coolest guys I have ever met!

Love the Tiki Bob Mug tribute. Your Moai is unique and a superb carving. Hell, they all are!

Pages: 1 17 replies