Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Help me identify a Shag print?

Pages: 1 5 replies

JT

Now that I'm totally over-saturated by Shag art and Shag bumper stickers all over the place, I'm thinking about buying one of his prints. Thing is, the one I really want comes from about two years ago. I've been using it as a background on my Wacom tablet, but I don't remember its name to look for it on eBay or elsewhere. Want to help?

The print is mostly green, with three big blue double-tikis and a big white Kahiki-style moai with a fireplace for a mouth. There's a couple at a table toasting under the glow of a puffer-fish light. One tiki drink is spilled on the floor in front of the table. A waiter is bringing them six more drinks. Along the top of the print, there is a string of glowing Moai lamps.

Can anyone tell me the name of the print?

Thanks!
-Jon Tiki

K

sounds like "last days of the kahiki" to me

K

Problem is, as far as I know, this was never released as a print. in fact, at a recent art show, I asked Shag if he had any plans to release it (it's one of my faves, too) and he said not yet, but he'd add my vote to the list.

Am I wrong? Has anyone else seen this as a print?

• Monkey God (Teddy T.)

[ Edited by: MonkeyGod on 2002-04-16 12:24 ]

it has been released as a greeting card..i'd be real careful bidding on shag stuff on ebay, as ONE of the sellers, frames greeting cards, and calls them prints. well~ i guess a greeting card has to be made in some way, and it is printed... so "buyer beware"

[ Edited by: dogbytes on 2002-04-16 12:33 ]

S

Pages: 1 5 replies