Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Monkeys with fez's

Pages: 1 13 replies

T

Who out there are the "monkey with fez's" types?? I know I've seen many posts making reference but could not find on the search. I was in a small, crappy shop at the local mall Sunday and what should I stumble across but a playing card box with two monkeys playing poker, both wearing the appropriate head gear. I asked to see it and was also shown an approximately 16" X 12" oval mirror with two monkeys holding the frame that looked like a coiled rope.
Both items were the best items in this shop. Card box was $25 and the mirror was $45. They said they are a big seller for them. Anyone interested (I know your out there) drop me a line for shop location.

Trustar

All you monkey in fez people check this desktop pattern out.

http://www.pixelpoke.com/FREE%20PIXELS_desktops1.html

[ Edited by: Turbogod on 2002-09-19 00:41 ]

T

I know there are "fezzers" out there. Wha happen? I know I copied Turbogods desktop (thanks TG) shot and I'm not really big on them. For those who care or don't the location is as follows:

Great Stuff
1196 Galleria at Tyler
Riverside, CA 92503
909 688-1317

Tell them Trustar sent ya

T

You know,
monkeys are always good. and you can never go wrong with a fez . So a monkey wearing a fez.........Come on!!

T

I finally managed to sneak a monkey with a fez into and ad I wrote... when it runs (sorry only Canadian newspapers) I will scan a copy and show you all!

trustar,

See my post "they just don't make 'em that any more" on beyond tiki for more monkey w/ fez material.

T

OK, so the client decided monkeys in Fezzes were too weird for their brand, but I did manage to sneak a red fez-shaped lampshade on this monkey lamp just for my own inside joke. Got the monkey lamp on Ebay - not sure if the contest is still open to win it though! The monkey to the left on this webpage is the small version of the ads that ran in the subways.

http://www.telusmobility.com/

E

Tikifish, are you teh genius behind the Telus monkey campaign? Or one of many such geniuses? Mrs. emspace and I LOVE those ads SO MUCH! The TV ones, the posters and billboards...I thought the penguin and the hip-hoppin' chameleon were amazing, but once they went whole-hog monkey (or maybe that's just "whole-monkey") at Christmas, I was over the moon.

It's true: MONKEYS RULE! As thecardcheat said,

You know,
monkeys are always good.

aloha,
emspace.

T

Yeah, that's me! I worte all the Telus monkey stuff. My partner and I came on board last year so I can't claim the penguins, that was my friends stuff, but the Monkeys are pure Tikifish! Glad you like it.

By the way, that monkey peed in my eye!

As the trainer said, in his wisdom - "when the monkey's up above you, DON'T LOOK UP". Some sage advice that came too late.

E

Well, I can't tell you how much joy those little peeing monkeys have given us. You rock! Gladys thinks so too...
aloha,
em

Back before I became a dad and all of the free time got sucked out of my life, I ran a website called Mad Science Laboratories. Besides angering people by pretending to actually run the Schrödenger's Cat experiment, my friend and I distributed icons we made there.

One of my first sets had a money with a fez, based on a candle sold by Archie McPhee.

I also did these, which are appropriate for this site:

Monkey with fezes are the best because a) monkeys are funny, b) fezes are funny, so therefore monkey with fezes are atom-splittingly funny.

[ Edited by: Hoahele Howard on 2003-02-02 21:39 ]

[ Edited by: Hoahele Howard on 2003-02-02 21:40 ]

C

I am TOTALLY a monkey with fez person. I didn't know there were others with this fascination.

C

I am TOTALLY a monkey with fez person. I didn't know there were others with this fascination.

L.L.
Totally agree with your position on monkeys with fezes. You sound like your a little bit disenchanted with parenthood (as was I when the first little bundle arrived). I still continued to live a semi-normal life, trying to incorporate the new arrival into the family routine. At first my child didn't like hanging out at Barney's Beanery & the Starwood until 2:00 in the morning, but he eventually adjusted and today he's a happy, healthly bass player in a respected heavy metal grind core band!

Pages: 1 13 replies