Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

tiki designs for my bar!! HELP

Pages: 1 2 replies

C

Im making a tiki bar in mexico. im looking for some tiki drawings to decorate the walls and other ideas u can give me..thanks

Welcome
For starters,I would say buy Big Bro's "The Book of Tiki". Then take some time and read about and look at some of the beautiful and fantastic artwork of Tiki Central members on posts under creating tiki.
Aloha

Chida, what part of Mexico? If you're in Baja or another Border Zone there may be Tiki Centralites who'll be willing to come visit, maybe sell you some Tikis? Also, if you're close to the US border you may be able to take advantage of Interlibrary Loan (ILL) to get books on Oceanic Arts sent to a library near you. If you can get a library card for a nearby American library district, you can ask for books on Oceanic Arts like the books called "Oceanic Art" by by Nicholas Thomas, Anthony J. P. Meyer, Douglas Newton, et al., "Expressions of Belief: Masterpieces of African, Oceanic, and Indonesian Art from the Museum Voor Volkenkunde, Rotterdam"by Suzanne Greub, "Primitivism and Twentieth-Century Art: A Documentary History," by Jack D. Flam, and lots more. You can get many great ideas to work with from these books & not even have to touch books like "The Book of Tiki," "Night of the Tiki," et al. Try not to copy copyrighted works too closely, It's easier to persue international copyright infrigement across the US/Mexico border than it was just a few years ago...

Rev. Dr. Frederick J. Freelance, Ph.D., D.F.S

[ Edited by: freddiefreelance on 2004-09-24 18:23 ]

Pages: 1 2 replies