Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

rum rum rum?

Pages: 1 4 replies

RUM, here I am a teetotaler finding the need to buy RUM.
I would like to know (in SoCal. that is) Where is the best place to buy RUM?
I need some white/light filler RUM
And Some dark RUM.
Is there a sipping RUM?
Yesterday I found a 1/2 RUM and 1/2 Blue Agave Tequila (I think it was called Ciclon') anybody sipped that yet? It had a great little cyclone in the glass on the back of the bottle.
I have been to Smart & final, Costco.
What else is there? Please help me!

By the way I dare anyone who reads this to say R U M three times in a deep voice and not think of playing cars.
Go on try it, I know you want to
R U M R U M R U M
PS. How do you spell that screetchy noise, when you peel out?

On 2002-09-17 07:13, thebaxdog wrote:
I would like to know (in SoCal. that is) Where is the best place to buy RUM?

There are many places that claim to have a good selection available, but, of course you get there and find that they are out of your favorite(s) because they only carry one or two bottles at any time, and THEN they reorder, leaving you high and dry and searching frantically until you have to finally use a lessor brand just to have your drink....so, the only place I really go to that I have always found to have a large and varied selection ALWAYS in stock is:

HI-TIME Liquors
250 Ogle
Costa Mesa, CA
949-650-8463
http://www.hitimewine.com

I don't work for them, I just appreciate a place that does what the are suppose to do...HAVE LIQUOR IN STOCK! You will also be amazed at the huge, and I mean HUGE wine cellar selection they have, and if you are a cigar aficionado like me, I'd bet you will like their humidor selection. Got a sweet tooth too? Yes, they have HI-TIME Chocolatier there too. Oh, and don't forget to pick up a few flowers for your significant other, since they even have their own florist to the left as you exit the store. It's worth the trip.

Geeeez, I've been working in marketing and advertising too long....I sound like a commercial.

SugarCaddyDaddy

Baxdog,

Trader Joes has a good price on 700ml bottles of dark rum - aptly named Hawaiian Rum - for $9.99. They also have Pussers (a gold rum 95 proof! Read about it in Grog Log) for $9.99, usually costs about $18.00 at Liquor Universe-type places.

M

Vendome Wine and Spirits is a nice chain with locations around Lo Cal (at least it was good when I was last there)

http://www.vendomes.com/reachus.htm

For sipping, there's lots of good ones, but for my money, the best combination of reasonable price and sippability (is that a word?) is Cruzan's Single Barrel Estate Rum. Look for the very tall bottle.

In my opinion, the onomatopoeic spelling for the screechy, peel-out sound would be eeeeEEEERRRRRRRRRRRR.

Pages: 1 4 replies