Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Hukilau - Conversations with Christina ...

Pages: 1 5 replies

"Daddy, can I wear my green and blue dress to the Mai-Kai tonight?"

Geez ... I'm thinking this thing isn't going to fit. Christina has had the dress for more than a year, and she's fully 4" taller than last year. "You know, you have some REALLY nice dresses you can wear - that one is sort of old." Try reasoning with a 5 year old who is WAY too smart for her years.

"I know - it's just that I wore that dress last year when I danced with King Kukulele!" Go figure. That must've made one HELL of an impression on her considering she was only 4 at the time. True, she got up and danced with King Kukulele and Crazy Al in the Molokai last year.

"OK, I'll iron it out - go find a nice lei, and get ready to go." She comes back in wearing platform shoes. I'm thinking I'm seriously screwed in a few more years.

Well, the irrepressable Christina just had the night of her young life. Think she'd be asleep about now? No chance - this kid is totally pumped. She would have stayed and danced all night given the opportunity! She got to sing AND dance with King Kukulele - THEN she got to hold the sacred of sacreds - THE ukelele.

I want to thank King Kukulele, Mireille, Dave, Pia, Kern, Swanky, Tikikiliki, Crazy Al, and everyone else for the evening. You have made my daughter VERY happy today. Take a look and see if that isn't the face of a truly happy kid. As far as I'm concerned, this is what it's all about.

Cheers!

My Pineapple Princess

Link to pic from last year: http://www.cybertiki.com/p0001.html

[ Edited by: cybertiki on 2004-09-22 22:41 ]

Great story. Man you wouldn't believe those pictures are ONLY a year apart!

D

Cybertiki,there's your Christmas card photo for this year-if you celebrate Christmas-too cute!

Wow! What a joyful sight! Carrying the Tiki torch into the next generation!

Looks like last year's dress became this year's skirt, true?? They grow sooo fast, my oldest is now driving!!!
Your daughter has THOSE eyes that will get you to do anything she asks. Dude, you're wrapped!

T

Christina the Ballerina is such a wonderful and beautiful child, to see her on stage with King Kukulele you would think they were Abbott and Costello, their performance together is one of my highlight memories of Hukilau. Cyber it was a great pleasure to meet you and your wife. I wonder if Wes ever got his hat back to normal after Christina and the other lil girl had their way with it?

Pages: 1 5 replies