Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Hukilau folks meet Hurricane Jeanne. Hurricance Jeanne, meet..

Pages: 1 8 replies

F

Not sure if everyone is aware of this or not, but late saturday/early sunday morning could get very interesting around South or Central Florida.. see the NHC forecast model image below (updates at 8am/5pm/11pm daily) the image will change over time, but as of this posting it's heading right for West Palm Beach

Those planning on driving back up on Sunday should watch this very closely. Trust me, you don't want to drive through a hurricane, even a CAT 1.

If she decides to barrel westward, well, I guess it will be an interesting time in Fort Lauderdale..

Looks like I'll be leaving the shutters up before I head down.

[ Edited by: fatuhiva on 2004-09-23 22:47 ]

B

That track goes right over MY House as it slams into Florida. I may need to leave saturday. We boarded up the house already ,but,,,...

F

yeah im in the same boat- here we go again.. just when i got the trees standing up straight and growing some new leaves.

jeanne looks meanne- a bit stronger this time, probably gonna get some damage somewhere this time around- and the dunes along the coast are carved pretty good as it is, some from frances, but mostly from the past week of NE wind + swell from jeanne loop-de-loop earlier, which equals suuuurge

oh well frances we got NO flooding, so i figure we can handle quite a bit before it gets anywhere near the house elevation.. ill bne really suprised if it gets even halfway there, but you never know

[ Edited by: fatuhiva on 2004-09-25 16:36 ]

This will be the FOURTH time in six weeks, I've had to break down my TIKI porch. This is getting real old. Why can't these damned storms go somewhere else?!

[ Edited by: Trader Rick on 2004-09-24 11:21 ]

On 2004-09-24 11:20, Trader Rick wrote:
This will be the FOURTH time in six weeks, I've had to break down my TIKI porch. This is getting real old. Why can't these damned storms go somewhere else?!

[ Edited by: Trader Rick on 2004-09-24 11:21 ]

Ummmmmm this might have something to do with it...

[link removed by hanford for political content]

[ Edited by: hanford_lemoore on 2004-09-28 16:44 ]

TikiGardener.....I luv ya, man!!!!!

I actually am not sure of the accuracy of the map, but it has been a pet theory of mine... And then this thing ends up in my email.

And then that post about why why why? Well I couldn't resist the comedic moment.

I sorry, well.... maybe....

TG

no political talk, please.

I

Hello to all! Never new this place was around. Now I do.
Met Jeanne. Had a Mara-Amu
kept the mug. Had a good time.
I like this place!

Pages: 1 8 replies