Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tiki Taix cancelled for September!

Pages: 1 4 replies

Aloha From The Hukilau 2004 in Fort Lauderdale. I hope this message gets out to enough of you in time to save you a trip to the show that isn't happening. King Kukulele presents Tiki Taix #8 is going to have to be postponed until another month. After 7 consecutive months, we'll have to take tonight off. I have had conversations here at the Hukilau with Pablos about how SoCal is a HOTBED of Tiki culture, and we surely appreciate all we have there, BUTT its still very difficult to bring together a 3 hour Tiki Variety show every month, and this month I couldn't pull through for you. The Mai Kai Gents and the Mysterious Miss Mauna Loaua have been called to the UN to speak to the assembly on the use of Hapa Haole music in international diplomacy, the Smokin Menehunes are in Russia this week breaking up the Russian mafia and quelling the militant uprisings, Cherry Capri and the Thurston Howlies are dealing with the lost space probe Genesis (they will be passing Jupiter early next week), 96 year old legendary uke player Bill Tapia is too busy chasing rich older women to play at Tiki Taix, and APE is 83% from Northern California and the only member from SoCal is Crazy Al, unfortunately Crazy Al, Frank, Eric, Lane and all the guys are in Florida this week heading up an experimental mission to detonate a nuclear weapon in the eye of Hurricane Gene to SAVE THE HUKILAU! I'm just here praying, I mean partying, "Hey Mike! How about another Ray's Mistake!" So you see, many of our Southern California Tiki Musicians are much too busy saving the world for your childrens future to play the Tiki Taix show. And thats just the music, if I told you what our vintage film presenters, slide show lecturers, and tiki tour videographers were doing this month you'd need a mai tai. So please forgive the King, I'll get my poopy together for a big Tiki Taix show soon, we'll have a great big welcome back Tiki Taix show for Sven "Big Bro Tiki" and we'll hope to have some Tiki Central visitors from far away to be join the family. Not join "The Family" I mean join "Our" family.
Mahalo,
King

[ Edited by: KING KUKULELE on 2004-09-24 01:33 ]

what a great message. It's good to know that as long as there Famine and War in the world, there's Tiki to save us.

Good news on the space probe... We caught site of it and so I sent the Hoales on ahead for further investigation and scooted my spaceship back to Las Vegas to potentially meet up with some of the t.c. ohana.

If I can land long enough at one time... hopefully I'll make it to Tiki Taix in Oct. In the meantime - enjoy some pics of my spaceship :wink: and space age friends!

Visit http://www.cherrycapri.com!

[ Edited by: Cherry Capri on 2004-09-25 00:18 ]

King Kukulele is a lone-ranger of tiki music. He asked if I and the Smokin' Menehunes could cover the gig that night. I called my co-horts and they had other plans.

It pained me because I could tell by the King's voice that it really bothered him that Tiki taix wouldn't happen that night.

He's been busting his tiki-ass to make sure that Tiki Taix happens every last Friday night of the month.

Please folks, the cancellation of last Friday was what they call "AN ANOMOLY". It WON'T HAPPEN AGAIN!

Please, I pray to you sacred KU, Don't miss the last Friday night in October - CAUSE IT'S GONNA HAPPEN!

All went well at the U.N. The General Assembly has voted to send us on a planetary tour of aloha. Now that our brand of romantic hapa haole music will be heard throughout the world, peace will be with us. It's about time, eh? Anyhoo... Hope to see you all at Tiki Taix in October. The fate of Rod Grogg may depend on your presence!

-Iuka Grogg

Pages: 1 4 replies