Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tiki on TV Land

Pages: 1 6 replies

This weekend, TV Land did a Brady Bunch marathon. Last night, they ran the three part episode where the Bradys went to Hawaii from 1972. One of the kids found a small tiki icon that was taboo and supposed to bring bad luck to whomever touches it. I think it was Greg that started wearing it as a pennant, and bad things started to happen. An old native told them that the only way to stop the bad luck was to return it to an anciant burial ground.

The third episode, entitled "Tiki Cave" showed them going to the burial ground where they entered a cave filled with tikis.

If you ever see that this is being rerun, it's worth a viewing.

[ Edited by: tikichic 2005-10-06 07:08 ]

Yeah...I saw a minute of the episode last night, the part when the construction workers find the Tiki idol. I had to run out, so I couldn't watch the rest of it. Jeez, I remember seeing that episode back in the day. The Brady Bunch used to run back-to-back with the Partridge Family Friday nights on ABC. What a retro wet dream. Ah yes... I was a young lad in mad-love with Marsha (Maureen McCormack), and wanted her to be my babysitter. Marsha, Marsha, Marsha!

(Jan grew up to be kinda hot too!)

Artist: Isabel Samaras
Title: Marcia Tamähine

Photo compliments of the Shooting Gallery:
http://shootinggallerysf.com/Artists/GroupTiki2004/Portfolio2004Tiki1.htm

That's EVIL! I much prefer this one

And she's not even at her hottest here. That last season in like '73 or '74, she looked SO hot, and probably around 18 years old. She was her generation's Hillary Duff ... fer sure!

[ Edited by: donhonyc on 2004-09-27 12:27 ]

We had to watch the three shows when the Bradys hit Hawaii for the 100th time. It was awesome. I definitely agree with Greg that his tiki is worth millions!

[ Edited by: NeptuneTiki on 2004-09-27 17:47 ]

Pages: 1 6 replies