Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

New Mark Ryden Art

Pages: 1 5 replies

I don't know how many of you like art that's a bit dark and twisted, but Mark Ryden is selling a "micro portfolio" starting at 8am today. http://www.markryden.com I know that pretty much anything of his can be tough to come by. The portfolio is 3 postcards called " Blood, Sweat and Tears". There is also a rather interesting postcard called "The Birth". Not exactly happy go lucky but still cool.

Mahalo Aquarama, pretty nice price for something limited of his. I still want to get the Blood cd.

T

[ Edited by: TNTiki on 2004-11-06 15:19 ]

T

On 2004-09-28 14:32, TNTiki wrote:
Toa: limited? Unless I read it wrong, there were 10,000 made. Can there be 10,000 Ryden fans?

Well, in the world maybe, his stuff is for a selective taste, I know the cd only was 7500 and you can still get those. and for $22 it is not a bad price, I listened to it at the composers site and it is some dreamy and creepy stuff. I aggree though that he could have gone with a number like 5000.

F
foamy posted on Wed, Sep 29, 2004 7:24 AM

That guy's work is fantastic, and very creepy. What goes on inside his head? Not so sure I'd want to find out. Indeed, it is best that it comes in it's own little folio, to be viewed when the mood strikes, hopefully, not often (no disrespect intended).

I think his "Pele" painting and print is beyond awesome. It's just wayyy...to expensive and limited.

[ Edited by: aquaorama on 2004-09-29 18:02 ]

Pages: 1 5 replies