Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Mug check -- quake hits central Calif.

Pages: 1 11 replies

http://kcbs.com/pages/kcbs/news/news_story.nsp?story_id=57747086&&ID=kcbs&scategory=Computers

Hope everyone is okay out there. My gawd, will these natural disasters ever cease?
KG

"If this tiki bar is rockin', don't come knockin"!!!!

Glad I secured the mugs........

P

We need two new mug designs -- the Hurricane and the Earthquake! Earthquake's easy, just make the mug look like it's already broken / glued back together.

My bar swayed pretty good. No damage though.

*On 2004-09-28 12:54, Philot wrote:*We need two new mug designs -- the Hurricane and the Earthquake! Earthquake's easy, just make the mug look like it's already broken / glued back together.
Or just go thru Poly Pop's collection of shards.

Whew! Everything survived in Walnut Creek! Glad I got the info on the putty/clay to secure my mugs!

All is well here, not one mug broken from the earthquake. Now if I could only say that about when I'm drunk...

Had to cut short Hukilau & Disneyworld due to Jeanne attacking Florida, decided instead to drive south and go to Disneyland instead. As I was loadin' up the truck the earthquake hit. I ran into the house to shield the mugs. Everything was a rockin' and a rollin' but no damage here. Then I jammed to the store and found all intact there. Nothing like the one that hit in December. I lost alot of books and hula dolls on that one but no mugs. I think Holden is my menehune! Went on to Disney and bought another mug!

[ Edited by: stuff-o-rama on 2004-09-30 14:48 ]

Just had another good shock. 9/30/04 11:54
Mugs in check. :)

T

My Mug rack has a small rail on each shelf, like the old sailing ships had, to prevent Earthquake damage. Locally we've been waiting for the Hayward fault to move.

Just returned from Lihue, Kauai where they just marked the 12th anniversary of Hurricane Iniki on Sept.11,1992. The Coco Palms is still closed. And get this, the island has run amuck with wild chickens; let loose by Iniki. The local artists have used their images on T shirts and prints, but I didn't see any Kauai Chicken Mugs.

tikiboy

I'm constantly telling people that I feel earthquakes and they look at me like I'm high. Someone hooked me up with this site to prove I wasn't going crazy.

http://quake.wr.usgs.gov/recenteqs/latest.htm

California's been rockin on the down-low!

Pages: 1 11 replies