Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

My little Tiki Porch

Pages: 1 6 replies

Hello everyone. This is my work in progress. This is a small screened porch (10'X 10')attached to my house on St.Augustine Beach. It remained a storage area for many years until the Tiki Gods demanded I build them a temple. Thought I might share some pictures with you.

Here are some of the many gods lining the sills. If you don't believe the more tikis you have, the more luck you have. St Augustine has been realatively unscathed by our recent bad weather and I had been without power for only 12 hours during Frances!

Nets, glass globes and fish. What more need be said!

OK this is not the porch, but I couldn't resist. I have a great Tiki Party every year in August...Here is our Mystery Drink Girl (Our friend Sherrie)

More gods.

Lastly more Moai action.

[ Edited by: Trader Rick on 2004-09-30 09:30 ]

Great place to hide from the tourist......

D

ah you fixed the pictures (i peeked earlier today and saw the dreaded red x) ~ looks like a great place to soak up sun n rum!

ah, sun, remind me what that is..

elicia
seattle.
nuff said

Excellent tiki temple - indoor patio style. The Gods will be amused.

I'm glad your guests are properly attired and showing proper homage to the tiki gods for the annual parties.

Thank you for your kind comments. I wish I could afford some of the beautiful masks paintings and art work I've seen on this forum, but, alas, my budget is kinda tight. Mostly, my stuff is new that I've been able to find at Spencers, Target, flea markets, E-bay and the like. I have a few vintage pieces. Some mexican and far-eastern masks form the 50's I inherited from my uncle and some nice mugs and carvings I find every now and then. I am going to try my hand at carving next month. I have a couple of palmetto logs from a downed tree in my yard that will punch up my interior once I reveal the gods within!

I don't see a bar. I think you need a bar. May I suggest the bar plans in "Pad" -- very easy to make, very inexpensive, way loads of fun to customize and finish off in a truly tiki manner.

Here is a link to the book:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0811826538/qid=1096553838/sr=ka-1/ref=pd_ka_1/103-7505354-5813453

And just for grins, here's a pic of the upper portion of my Pad-inspired bar. Total material costs were like $30. The exterior is just a 6' x 4' roll-up shade from Pier One, which amazingly happened to fit absolutely perfectly to the Pad-specified dimensions.

And btw -- would like to hire your mystery drink girl for my next party ....

On 2004-09-30 08:35, Satan's Sin wrote:
I don't see a bar. I think you need a bar. May I suggest the bar plans in "Pad" -- very easy to make, very inexpensive, way loads of fun to customize and finish off in a truly tiki manner. btw -- would like to hire your mystery drink girl for my next party ....

Yes, I most definitely need a bar, but not on my porch. I am gradually encroaching on the house and a Tiki Bar will be part of the new decor once I get around to it. Like I said my porch is very small (10'X 10') It is already chock full of stuff and places to sit. During my parties people have to take turns going out there and most people don't want to share. It always becomes SRO (standing room only)later on in the evening. I take this as a compliment because the porch isn't air-conditioned and August nights in North Florida are, well, sultry.

Pages: 1 6 replies