Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

More stuff from the Kahiki

Pages: 1 8 replies

Ah, you see this item every so often on ebay...perhaps by the same seller, because I don't think I have ever seen one of them sell.

For whatever reason, a booster seat doesnt really do much for me - a guy with no kids (that I am aware of). And if we had kids, I don't think I would allow them to regularly sit in a booster seat from the Kahiki.

But, if you had all the mugs, all the bowls, all the napkins and matches, all those plates and condiment jars...THEN I could see maybe having the seat.

Personally, I just don't know where it would fit in my collection.

But good luck if youre bidding. Hope it goes to a good home.

-C.

My concern would be what exactly denotes it as being from the Kahiki? What's next - Kahiki hot water heater?

T

I am waiting for the Kahiki soap dispensers from the mens room to go to auction! Or maybe one of their trash cans from the kitchen! Yeah that'll be cool! :wink:

I've seen that item several times on eBay, and I've always wondered about it's pedigree. Heck, it could have come from a old Tasty Freez or a Dairy Queen.

You mean you guys cant tell by the grain in the wood that it came from the Kahaki. I see it in there. No one ever used that kind of booster seat with that wood grain other than the Kahaki. And I thought you guys was smart! (For those who may take this literly, and a lot of folks around here do now-a-days, this is just a redneck kidding around!)

[ Edited by: KokomoTikiBar&Grill on 2002-09-18 12:15 ]

Actually, I think the sinks and stuff were stored away for that legendary rebuilding.

But items on ebay that says Kahiki are usually from the Kahiki. (I did not look at the ebay booster seat that close, but I saw one that actually said Kahiki on it, I thought.)

I imagine that 99.9% of the Kahiki items are, in fact, from the Kahiki. And they are usually marked as such.

For those of you who do not know, when the Kahiki closed, many of their items were auctioned off in some secretive auction that I certanily was unaware of in Dayton.
If my reputable-retro source was at that auction, he is not telling me. In fact, I do not know anyone who actually attended the auction.

Rest assured, there is plenty of Kahiki memorabilia still available for everyone...at a reasonable price. (I would not pay $20 for a Headhunter mug, when the next day there is one for $4!)
You can still get them!

Good luck! Happy hunting!

-C.

hey there stingray.
you were not missin' much at the auction.all that they were auctioning was stuff that they did'nt want to store because of it's shape or how much they used it. so yes you could have picked up the rubbermaid trash cans and stoves from the kitchen the only things from the floor i saw were a bunch of old chairs that were put away in the basement when they got new ones (in otherwords they are ratty.) some "antique" dealers bought all the chairs and now are stuck with 'em.(just saw one yesterday advertised as genuine kahiki dining chair for $125 clams) so unless you like resturant equipment and plumbing...

Pages: 1 8 replies