Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

what's hot...or not

Pages: 1 13 replies

C

I was sitting at the silly part-time job that I do when I'm not pretending to be a student, reading some crappy SF "social" rag that we have for customers (we sell $$$ modern furniture from France), when I saw a listing of "what's hot, what's not". I was all complete crap, like Coach hats and fois gras and other ritzy rich people stuff, when I thought "Jesus, I feel even less connected to stuff like this than I did than when I was a teenage punkrocker, oh so many years ago". $500 shoes cool, $5 tiki mug not cool? I don't think so.... Let me hear your TIKI CENTRAL "Hot,Not" stuff. Here's mine...

Hot: ITUNES, I have all my (legally) downloaded exotica,
lounge, and soundtrack stuff in the shuffle mode.
True bliss.

Not: The "San Francisco" look. Clothes that look like the
only things left from a thrift store that's about to go
under, but cost hundreds, if not thousands, of
dollars.

HOT: Von Dutch-style Pinstriping

NOT: Von Dutch Clothing

Hot: Stove

Not hot: Ice cube

I love to play what's hot and what's not!!!

Hot: Earthquakes

Not: Hurricanes

Hot: men without pants
Not: Men Without Hats

or is it the other way around?

either way, I get the Willies...

ahem

D

hot: Mount St. Helens
not: Boxing Helena

8T

Hot: Coffee
Not: K.C. Royals or Chiefs :-?

Save the Tikis!

[ Edited by: 8FT Tiki on 2004-10-01 18:03 ]

H

Hot: 18F
Not: 19F

Doncha mean 18C Humuhumu?

Or am I just missing something?

H

18F is a radioactive isotope of Fluorine, which in its natural stable state is 19F.

Sorry, a little poorly executed chemistry humor. Maybe it's time for me to wrap it up here at work and head home for the weekend.

T

Hot: what others aren't in to.
Not: what others cling to in hopes of being different like all the other parrots.

R

On 2004-10-01 03:28, stuff-o-rama wrote:
HOT: Von Dutch-style Pinstriping

NOT: Von Dutch Clothing

I second this. I was at a local clothing store the other day. there was a black leather jacket with Von Dutch in hot pink,not to mention the 400 dollar price tag. I told my wife "kenneth howard is rolling in his grave". The kid behind the counter asked , Who's that? I told him if I had to explain it he shouldnt be selling it.

T

On 2004-10-01 18:11, Humuhumu wrote:
Hot: 18F
Not: 19F

With all your air travel, I thought this meant seat numbers on 737s, which seem to be the only planes flying these days. If I remember coreectly, 19f (or "a") is the emergency exit row, the only row with almost adequate leg room for us bigger folk. There is also a "missing" seat by the window which makes for a cozy 2 seat row instead of a 3.

Hot: kitchen remodeling
Not: SF Giants, may they rest in peace.

I second this. I was at a local clothing store the other day. there was a black leather jacket with Von Dutch in hot pink,not to mention the 400 dollar price tag. I told my wife "kenneth howard is rolling in his grave". The kid behind the counter asked , Who's that? I told him if I had to explain it he shouldnt be selling it.

Isn't that the truth.

http://www.samgambino.com

Pages: 1 13 replies