Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Looking for a roommate - exotic Island of Alameda! - pics added

Pages: 1 2 replies

MT

Hey there Tiki Centralites. Come live with us on the exotic island of Alameda! Coco Loco and I are looking for someone to rent a room in our house in Alameda. Since we've had such a blast on many Tiki Central events (especially the S.F. Tiki Bus Bar Crawl), we thought that Tiki Central might be a good place to look for a roommie.

A quick overview of the house - it's a 1928 mediterranean bungalow style 3 bdrm, 1.5 bath, large house (over 2,100 sq ft), with large backyard. The house has all of it's original doors and mouldings, hardwood floors, and two fireplaces - lots of charm and character. There's also a washer and dryer in the downstairs laundry room. The house is in the south-east corner of the Island, in a great neighborhood, with fantastic weather! Although we're not on the beach, Southshore beach is only 1 mile away!!! Also, I plan on building a nice tiki bar (or perhaps modern space age bar) in the downstairs den area - hopefully soon. More details here:

http://www.craigslist.org/eby/roo/45525513.html

The rent amount isn't carved in stone, it is negotiable.

Coco Loco and I are in our mid 30's, enjoy all things tiki, and are moving from Mountain View back to Alameda (Hanford, I guess I won't be running into you at Safeway on Shoreline Blvd. anymore). The room should be ready to move into by October 15th, or sooner if need be. Mahalo, and look forward to hearing from you!

[ Edited by: Mai Tai on 2004-10-14 04:53 ]

T

Well, I'll consider it, but please describe your HVAC and sub-floor system first.

MT

I've noticed that there's been a fair share of people viewing this thread. Here are some shots of the interior - family room, dining room, etc, to give an idea of what the house is like. Please excuse the dropcloths and painters tape, these pics were taken while we were in the middle of painting.

Front Window

Dining Room and Chandelier

Interior Archway

Door with moulding

Pages: 1 2 replies