Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

The ONLY excuse to miss Hukilau!

Pages: 1 7 replies

T

When mrs. mug and myself attended Hukilau last year we both had such an awesome time that we said, no matter what we are not going to miss next years!

Let me introduce you to "no matter" and "what" (aka: Matthew Bellis and Ashley Marie Rosati)

Born May 15, 2004 with a combined weight of 5 lbs even. They were only 3 mos early! They spent their first 2 mos at the hospital and they've been home ever since.

Talk about a life changing event, but everyone is doing great! The Twins now weigh in at just under 10 lbs each and are growing every second! I just wanted to share some of my life with my tiki ohana. Mahalo for your time!

BTW, Congrats to johntiki and family; Bridget is one beautiful baby!

B

Congrats, tikimug, not for missing HukiLau, but for the twins. Beautiful babies.

Congrats Mr. & Mrs. tikimug! They're beautiful. I think you made the right choice. I can relate. My daughter Vanessa had a difficult birth & came very close to being a SIDS baby two weeks after we got her home. She was in & out of the hospital for the next six months and finally had to undergo a dangerous surgery (which she came through very well). I virtually dropped off the social radar screen for almost a year, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do. It was well worth the sacrifice (needless to say).

Congrats, Tikimug! I mean, congrats and congrats again!

You chose wise, Grasshopper - Matthew and Ashley are DARling and will last a lot longer than one action-packed, hurricane-blown weekend.

And there's always next year - See ya then!
F

T

I wanted to thank everyone for the kind words, it's been the toughest 6 mos I've ever gone through. But things are definitely getting better!

Thanks again

P
pablus posted on Wed, Oct 6, 2004 9:36 AM

Make sure to spend as much time as possible with them when they start talking so they can't leave you behind with the "twin language" - then you'll NEVER know what's going on.

There are some fun times ahead for you that will be worth much more than the cost of the difficulty you've endured.

Congratulations.

Hey, CONGRATS Mr & Mrs Tikimug! Twins are a great thing (pros and cons, but mostly pros). We have twin boys, now 6. It's really tough at the beginning, but then you drop mixing baby food, then diapers, and gets easier. For me, lots of fun starts at 9 mos when you can interact more with them (show them things). However, with twins, there's not much "quiet time" - always "interaction". Soon they'll be 6 and chattering so much you can't even think. Enjoy!
Hope to meet you at the Mai-Kai befor next Hukilau!

T

Ashley looks like she is in the middle of saying something rather profound. I like the hand gesture.

Pages: 1 7 replies