Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Cheesy finds thread

Pages: 1 3 replies

L
laney posted on Mon, Oct 4, 2004 1:08 PM

Sabu's going to own this thread but I'll start it for him...

My house is filled with cheesy crap; my whiskey barrel furniture set, lentograph collection, crazy bar wear, funky lamp collection, etc.

Some may even call our tiki collections cheesy. Consult your Encyclopedia of Bad Taste book for reference.

We've all seen the peeing boy decanters and tacky velvet paintings but here's some of my favorite finds you may haven't seen before.

My favorite mug (not tiki) It makes me laugh to read words like "warts, boils, toe itch & B.O."

nudie radio with nipple dials

grandma plate, is it the gold trim, I like? the pretty flowers? no, it's the message...

my favorite thing- the jar of pickled pantyhose butts

you guys needed this ugly monkey bartender at Tiki Oasis to deal with all the booze and party moochers, his sign says "No Credit"

Share away....

D

My husband is a chef,and a good many of his employees are from Mexico.Whenever any of them has gone home,they always bring him gifts.As you can well imagine,there have been some doozies,but my favorite was this cigarette lighter that was the torso of a buxom female form.You pushed on one bodacious tata and a flame shot out the other one.Pretty hysterical.

a friend gave me the book "The Encyclopedia of Bad Taste" by Jane and Michael Stern and I was somewhat pleased to see I own about half of what is mentioned in there: leopard print stuff, lava lamps, lucite grapes, Jesus candles, aloha shirts,Liberace stuff, etc. not to mention my tattoo. now, all I need to do is learn how to play the accordion, like my father and aunt, and I'll be all set!

D

Dangergirl,that tome is also in my library-LOVE the Sterns.

Pages: 1 3 replies