Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Lake Surfer... Milwaukee Gallery Night This Friday 5:30-9pm!

Pages: 1 14 replies

Plenty of goodies left over from a shortened Hukilau... they have been to tiki paradise and back... a few new items... on the verge of hopefully blowing this town wide open to the work of Lake Tiki... Wisconsin needs a wakeup call!

I'll be squeezing into gallery space at C2 next Friday night from 5 pm to 11 pm... Address further down the thread....

[ Edited by: Lake Surfer on 2004-10-05 00:17 ]

[ Edited by: Lake Surfer on 2004-10-14 11:22 ]

T

Dave

Post directions, I will try to come on up.

Is this an event where there are a lot of galleries open at once, so you can walk around and see all of the art? I'd be up for that, especially if your Tikis will be there.

Is there a web site for the event for info?

On 2004-10-05 11:19, tikibars wrote:

Is this an event where there are a lot of galleries open at once, so you can walk around and see all of the art?

Is there a web site for the event for info?

Yes to both your questions James... Parking at both parking structures in the Third Ward is free...
My show is kinda low key, not a big gallery, actually my temp design employer's space, but I'm just happy to get Gallery Night Space at such short notice...

Gallery Night's Website is... http://www.easttown.com/gallery/

The address of the gallery where my show is:
C2 Graphics Productivity Solutions
216 N. Water St. Floor 3
Milwaukee, WI 53202
Phone 414.431.0062
Fax 414.431.0067

T

Hope the Pa'ina luck carries on and you sell more stuff man, I wish things were better on my end I would love to cruise down and check it out and support, but financial aid took a leap on me and now I am pavement pounding for work. Good luck with it though!

is this friday oct.15th???......and is there any way you could post some pics of what all you'll have there??.....sorry for bein a pain in the ass....

Good luck with the showing lake. I know you will Blow some minds with your work.

Chongolio

On 2004-10-05 21:47, hala bullhiki wrote:
is this friday oct.15th???......and is there any way you could post some pics of what all you'll have there??.....sorry for bein a pain in the ass....

Next friday night...

It would take me a while to post pictures...

I can say I will have 3 lamps, a brand new 4 footer that will be done tomorrow, a 3 foot marq, two 3 foot big mouth tikis, a three foot Coco Joes inspired tiki, Mele Kalikimaka signs, a buncha 10 inch tikis... lotsa more stuff...

Make an evening of it... lotsa good dinner spots here and you get to pick up a tiki too! Then there's the yummy drinks at At Random... need I go on? :wink:

[ Edited by: Lake Surfer on 2004-10-06 22:14 ]

On 2004-10-05 22:11, Chongolio wrote:
Good luck with the showing lake. I know you will Blow some minds with your work.

Chongolio

Mahalo Chongolio!

hey lake! glad to see you made it home ok. did you get any palm in florida? dude, it was everywhere on the westcoast where we ran to. around sannibel island, hope you the best on your showing up there. all our best wishes bro. jimmy & elise.

Jimmy!

No, unfortunately did not get any palm... ran up the gulf coast and then into Georgia... my buddy was owly all day Saturday and we didn't get much sleep. I am regretting not staying around while Jeanne made her way north... Guess I'll just keep carving pine...

Mahalo for best wishes... great hanging out selling with you again!

Gallery night tomorrow night! Friday! Locals come by and check out my work!

[ Edited by: Lake Surfer on 2004-10-14 11:21 ]

hey bro, got a small chunk of palm with your name on it, for the next time we hook up. or I might just mail it to you. its completely dry, pretty light.

E

Hey Lake Surfer,

Good luck with your event! If you have any of those little $15.00 carvings left, I would be interested in one next Wednesday at Trader Vic's. Depending on how you want to look at it, that's gas money or mai tai money!

EsQui.
http://www.waitingchairgallery.com

EsQui... thanks for the best wishes... I'll have to see you next month... the wahine and I are off on honeymoon to San Francisco this month... I'll carve one up special for you though and bring it in November...

Aloha!

[ Edited by: Lake Surfer on 2004-10-15 01:03 ]

A good show... met some great people and some new contacts to get me into the world of interior designers in my city...

Mrs. Lake Surfer was kind enough to snap a shot of one of my tables...

E
EsQui posted on Tue, Oct 19, 2004 9:53 PM

Nice set-up. Is that a cushioned tiki barstool on the bottom right?

EsQui.
http://www.waitingchairgallery.com

Pages: 1 14 replies