Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Tiki Birdbath

Pages: 1 11 replies

T

I came across these birdbaths 2 summers ago in Calgary. They are produced in B.C., and are extremely well constructed. They are at http://www.castartstudios.com under the birdbath section. Look for the Matariki and the Rapa Nui. Cheers!

click on the "birdbath" tab to see the two types of Moai birdbaths:

Sabu

I'm waiting for the Tijuana merchants to sell a cheap version for $20 or less...

aren't they like $70? I found a UK site that sold them for $70 - or was it $70 pounds?

too rich for my blood, either way...

T

They were selling tham at the Loblaws garden centre last summer. I didn't buy one the day I saw them, then they were gone!

the other added expense to consider is that you must fill them with pisco. but the birds love it.

On 2004-10-05 11:08, Johnny Dollar wrote:
the other added expense to consider is that you must fill them with pisco. but the birds love it.

you know, we don't talk about the "other" tiki bar "inventor" guy much here - don the beachcomber, but when I read a book on him recently, I was both intrigued and appalled that they would keep a myna bird at the bar that was trained to say "give me a beer, stupid!" and then the bar patrons would feed it pieces of fruit soaked in rum and delight in watching it stagger around the bar and eventually pass out. needless to say, Don's bars went through a lot of myna birds.

Does that make his bars better than, or worse than, Vic's? They each claim to have invented the Mai Tai. but only Vic's remain standing today, so that's something.

H

Hey, don't knock it. Those were the happiest Myna birds on the planet!

I've got the one on the right, and boy do the birdies love him! He was a b-day gift from my parents, cost around $250 I believe.

Puamana and Selector Lopaka have him as well, here he is peeking out from between the Coleus:

For some reason, he looks just like my deceased grandpa?!

[ Edited by: Tikiwahine on 2004-10-05 12:46 ]

looks like they make little guys too:

T
TNTiki posted on Tue, Oct 5, 2004 2:38 PM

[ Edited by: TNTiki on 2004-11-06 17:24 ]

Yep, that's in Canadian money! :) so...like $2.50 US!

Reminds me, I just LOVE it when the tourists ask if our prices are in American dollars! Cracks me up every time.

-Tw

TB

I think i could use one of these!

Pages: 1 11 replies