Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

Hukilau 2004 Mug by Derek - TC offer

Pages: 1 21 replies

S
Swanky posted on Wed, Oct 6, 2004 9:45 AM

I have figured out who pre-paid and has not gotten their mugs so now I know how many are left to sell. We wanted to offer them first here on TC and then the remaining mugs will be put on Ebay in a Dutch auction.

Price is $35 plus $6 shipping.

More info HERE

If you would like to buy the first mug designed by Derek and support Hukilau, send an email to [email protected] and we will start a list. Please include your mailing address and how many mugs you are wanting.

We will limit the number of mugs to sell here, but we'll decide how many later if the response is high. We want to leave some for at least a small Ebay offering.

I'll email those who order with payment details.

The Swank Pad Broadcast - If it's Swank...

[ Edited by: Swanky on 2004-10-06 09:46 ]

BB

I just sent you an email. I am in if any are available. Thanks so much & have a great day.

M

On 2004-10-06 09:45, Swanky wrote:
We wanted to offer themfirst here on TC and then the remaining mugs will be put on Ebay in a Dutch auction.

Why would you want to do a DUTCH Auction?--unless you want to keep the auction price DOWN. You two lost your pants because of the Hukilau weather and the thought of you, Swanky, wandering around with a nice suit coat but NO PANTS is more than I can take, so why don't you auction the leftover mugs one by one (and not at the same time) so you can get the most money for them!! :)

K
Kanaka posted on Wed, Oct 6, 2004 2:40 PM

Swanky,

Sent you an e-mail. Thanks for the offer and letting TC'rs have first dibs at retail before they hit eBay!

Kanaka

Heya Swanky,
Being new here at TC, it was great to see you offer the Hukilau mugs to the TC members first. I believe the members would appreciate them more than others on Ebay who would purchase them and sell them off later at a higher price. I also sent you an email, but understand if you want to recoop some of your losses by putting them up for auction. They are really cool mugs! Mahalo for the chance either way!

Hey Swanky,
I just sent you an email also, these mugs are BEAUTIFUL! I concur with the others that you let us have a stab at them first, thanks!!!

A

I also sent ya an email. I take an oath that if I get one to never let it go on Ebay! It would look too cool next to my new Crazy Al mug!

Sent an e-mail, hopefully I sent it in time!

You've got an email from me too! Thanks for the offer, Please lemme know if I made it on the list! Many cheers! K

I'm assuming Swanky is being completely bombarded with mug requests as my email to get on the list bounced back yesterday.

S

Smiley,
It might get more money to do them one at a time on Ebay, but it would take forever and be a real pain. And a Dutch auction also allows you to bid higher. Highest bidders get the mugs. If we get enough bidders, the price will go up some. It's just money now or later and we need it now.
So far it looks like about 25 people have emailed. I have not added up how many mugs yet. Keep emailing if you want a mug.
I am waiting for the post office to deliver the new boxes and then I'll send out the pre-paid mugs and then I'll start honoring the orders from here.

Mahalo!

I sent an e-mail. Can't wait to see the mug in person.

S
Swanky posted on Fri, Oct 8, 2004 7:35 AM

Orders are winding down. I should have shipping material next week and I'll take orders until then. I'll email you all the payment info (PayPal or check) then.

If you want the purple mug and print (limited edition of 60), email me and I'll forward that to the right person to get that taken care of.

K

I just emailed you - I would very much like to get one of the Hukila'u mugs.

S
SES posted on Sat, Oct 9, 2004 3:00 PM

Is there an image of the purple one and print online?
:)

Swanky, I had a problem hooking up to your link so I PM'd ya and sent an e-mail to the Swankpad. Long story short...I want a mug!

S

The first batch of mugs went out today. I hope to have the rest sent out on Thursday if I have the day off.

TD

Swanky-

Thanks so much for doing this. This is a great offer, especially for someone named Derek who wanted to go to Hukilau but couldn't.

S

Thanks for the orders. The mug is now availbale on Ebay while they last.

HERE

The Swank Pad Broadcast - If it's Swank...

[ Edited by: swanky on 2004-11-16 14:10 ]

we have another "Derek" besides me on this board?

golly

K

Do you have any of the purple derek mugs left. Would be interested in one of them.

S

There are some purple musg left. They are sold as a set with the print. Email me and I will forward you to the seller.

Pages: 1 21 replies