Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Perry Mason: The Case of the Slandered Submarine

Pages: 1 5 replies

Is on KDOCTV right now 12:30 PM for anyLos Angeles viewers. Has a lot of shots The Aloha Cafe. Obviously a set, but still another cool Hawaiian themed joint to draw inspiration from.

Some cool tunes playing in the background.

I now have to go back to having the flu...

Tg
http://www.exotic-tiki-gardens.com

Just some added Perry Mason Tiki trivia:
Raymond Burr was a real Polynesiac, not only evidenced by my favourite piece of bad Tiki art on Perry Mason's office wall, the"Tahitian Love Mask" from page 187 of the BOT (on bottom), but by the fact that he owned an island near Fiji, and that he was friends with Eli Hedley's daughters, (and for a while held the movie rights to "How Daddy became a Beachcomber", right Ben?)

Correct-a-mundo Mr. Bro!

He and Eli were going to start a carving biz together on that island. He was going to do How Daddy Became a Beachcomber put Perry Mason came along. Two of my Aunts did several USO tours with him. He was a real good friend of the family. He even dressed up as Santa one year at my Grandparents retirement pad (Kamia Village) for Christmas. Last I heard was that his partner opened a Raymond Burr museum at his winery up north. Also, look for the A&E Biography on Raymond Burr. My Aunt who wrote the book did mega time/interviews on that one. Maybe a year or so ago.

UT

Very cool! I have very fond memories of watching Perry Mason reruns after school. I really had the hots for Della Street, but that Paul Drake guy kept beating my time. It's very hard for a geeky junior high student to compete with a rugged private detective.

I just watched a few minutes of this episode which features a nice Tiki-bar set:

The Case of the Feather Cloak: A beach bum who jeopardized a Hawaiian planter's million-dollar land scheme is murdered; guest David Opatoshu.

Prolly just a set, but this bar had nice glass floats, tapa table-cloths, coconut mugs, netting, a ships wheel...and I think there was a few tikis in the background...

S

On 2004-10-07 13:22, Urban Tiki wrote:
Very cool! I have very fond memories of watching Perry Mason reruns after school. I really had the hots for Della Street, but that Paul Drake guy kept beating my time. It's very hard for a geeky junior high student to compete with a rugged private detective.

Della was pretty and svelte , but I never had the hots for her . Just not my type I guess . Guess she wasn't Perry's type either as he never went for her and she obviously dug him . Come to think of it , he really didn't seem interested in women , unlike Paul Drake who's eyes bulged out every time a looker walked into Perry's office .

Pages: 1 5 replies