Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Disney Attractions Super 8 film

Pages: 1 3 replies

I just picked up a relatively old super 8 film called 'Walt Disney World - Attraction Highlights #1" which supposedly includes footage of the Enchanted Tiki Room. Unfortunately, I lack a projector!

The whole thing only lasts 10.6 minutes and is silent, so I can't imagine there's a huge amount of Tiki footage on it, but I was wondering if any Disney/Tiki enthusiasts might have seen it. Tangaroa? :wink:If so, is it worth getting hold of a projector to see it?

I'm not sure what date this was made in, but it looks like it's from the 70's. Oh, Mickey Mouse is on the cover in front of the Haunted Mansion.

Trader Woody

Woody, you can check in your local phonebook for video transfer companies. Most will transfer 8mm & Super8 film to video as well as converting from NTSC & SECAM to PAL (in the UK).

T

There are some of those souvenir home movies available on DVD from The Extinct Attractions Club - they are OK, but nothing to write home about... Transferring it may be an expensive option - but then again, I had a bunch of Knott's Berry Farm film transferred, and was surprised by some of the content! You won't really know until you transfer or project it....

Get a projector, there is nothing like the clicker-clack of the film sliding into the machine. I used to collect super eight films and machines, car boots are a good place, if you find one make sure it looks sound (no bits hanging off, a plug, no cracked case, with its run out reel, boxed is best) pay no more than a tenner and check it has a bulb.

Pages: 1 3 replies