Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Mattfink's pad featured in Detroit Home Magazine

Pages: 1 30 replies

Hey Mattfink,

Congrats on a great article!
Side by side with mega$$$ mansions.

It's kinda nice to see the real deal in a glossy for once (rather than some of the generic "tiki is hot this week" wannabe articles I've seen). 5 pages no less!

Sorry I don't have a scanner that works at the moment... you'll all just have to imagine it until Matt or someone else can post the pics.

-Z

anybody got this??....id love to see it......

Congrats Matt!
Did you and Siobahn and Scooter all make it in the pictures?
Pea
(who thinks more and more she needs to move to the middle of the country so she can actually afford a house to git all fancy...) heh
Pea

I finally got my scanner working (!) so here are some pics from the article...

My work here is done.

-Z

Thank God The Tiki Bar Is Open
Thank God The Tiki Torch Still Shines...

[ Edited by: feelin' zombified on 2004-11-02 18:28 ]

A

Cool,
Mahalo,
Al

On 2004-11-01 17:07, Feelin' Zombified wrote:
My work here is done.

[ Edited by: filslash 2008-09-12 14:59 ]

pix fixed.

though not as big n'juicy as I had them before. Damn Fotki.

-Z

sweet mattfink!

fz is it posible for you to post them at higher resolution on http://www.tikiroom.net/gallery/index.php and link them so we can se the detail?

please?

be your best friend...

UB

Great pad Matt! Excellent job.
Matt, what is that mod lamp called in the bottom right photo? It's portrayed in one of my Swamp Fire prints.

i still cant see the pics!!!

I can't believe I didn't see this before now!! Thanks guys!! That's a zig-zag lamp in the lower picture made by the Majestic Lamp Company.

Matty

K

Wow!!!! that is a great house. I too really like the lamp.

keigs,

If you look behind the bar, you might recognize the shelf...that's the one you made for me!

thanks,

Matty

K

I saw it. It is in great company. I pmed you to see if I could score a copy or two of the mag for my scrap book.

M

I'll check it right now!

Ikea?

H
hewey posted on Tue, May 24, 2005 6:07 PM

Yeah baby! That is one sweet pad you got!

8T

Matt..................SWEET!

F
foamy posted on Wed, May 25, 2005 5:02 AM

Nice place. Kind'a what I'd like my home to look like eventually. Great job of finding vintage stuff. That one double lamp (was that right?) is phenominal, as is everything else. That could be Dick York's pad if he turned out to be an art director instead of an executive. Samantha should have thought of that.

D

Where can I get a copy of this magazine? I'm in Illinois, is it available online?

M

You could try here:

http://www.getrealdetroit.com/

On 2005-05-25 05:47, Dawn32 wrote:
Where can I get a copy of this magazine? I'm in Illinois, is it available online?

or here...

http://www.hourdetroit.com/home.html

click on "Contact" in bottom right corner.

keep in mind it's the November 2004 issue

-Z

font>

[ Edited by: Feelin' Zombified on 2005-05-25 06:15 ]

M

Thanks Z!!! Oh, and the red rug is from Ikea, but I don't think anything else is.

Matt

Blah! Heywood Wakefield sucks! Just kidding. I am extremely envious. That Majestic lamp kicks ass.

I got a couple of those Majestic lamps...managed to get them fairly cheap too!!

Matty

Hey Matt,

Kind of late to the discussion, but WOW! What a great job you've done with your pad and congrats for the well deserved exposure it's gotten. I can't wait too see it in true live form next time I make it back home to the big "D." Will look forward to meeting you and all the fellow Detroit TC'ers, hopefully in the not too distant future. Also hope you can make it out this way some time for Tiki Oasis or something.~~Cousin Dave

M

Thanks Dave!!! Be sure to let me know when you're coming out here!! I hope to make it out to the Oasis someday!

Matty

Damn that's one sweet pad!

Love the Heywood Wakefield piece. I have the hutch with the same handles.

Good taste bro.

M

Flounder,

That's a record cabinet that a Hey-Wake afficianado friend of mine made for me...yup, he made the entire thing to spec from scratch. Nice wedding present eh?!!!

Matty

HO-LY Crap, Matt! Those pictures look straight out of a vintage decor/decorating book! Picture perfect! I'm way too guilty of having piles of crap around the house that would prevent my place from ever looking that great!

I had to laugh at the part about the "neon glow" from outside - we just recently painted our living room chartreuse to match our vintage Asian/Oriental figurines and it's definitely eery when you're looking in at night. I love it!

D
Dawn32 posted on Fri, Jun 3, 2005 5:33 AM

Anyone have an extra copy of the magazine? I've tried to get a hold of the magazine to get a copy with no luck.

Pages: 1 30 replies