Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Oceanic Arts - Shippjng costs

Pages: 1 10 replies

R

Aloha everyone

Brand spanking new to this forum. What a great resource. I just ordered some supplies from Oceanic Arts for a ceiling job. I used OA because, well most of you guys said so. I ordered 15 sheets of 4x8 lauhala, 20 3" 12ft bamboo poles, split, and 1 roll of bamboo fencing. The kind lady on the phone told me they would need to ship via Old Dominion trucking and she had no idea what shipping would cost. . Anybody have a clue as to how much I might be looking at? It's going from Whittier,CA to Phoenix,AZ.

Mahalo

$43,92,684,093,958,263,223,543,558.03

Just my guess of course.

R

Gee thanks for your help. I thought maybe somebody had ordered something similar from a similar distance and remembered what they might have paid for shipping. Never mind.

Chill out, just playin.

Someone here will be able to help.

Welcome, and don't let Flounder upset you - those were just his lucky lotto numbers he was sharing. :)

http://www.samgambino.com

MG

Sounds like a scary shipping and handeling ordeal to me. With all the odd oversized stuff they could get ya pretty good. My guess is between $100 to $200.

http://www.fallingcocos.com/

[ Edited by: MEAN GENE on 2004-10-07 21:33 ]

We ordered bamboo and matting from OA a few months ago and I remember she quoted us a price for shipping but since we were going to be in socal we just picked it up. I can't remember the exact amount, but I remember that it seemed pretty reasonable. (The $100-$200 is probably right). If you have the time, I'd just take the trip out there and pick it up yourself, it was very cool to see OA in person, and see exactly what all of the matting looks like before bringing it home.

vw

R

Thanks vwtikigirl.

I've since talked to Bob at OA and the 100/200 range seems about right.

I see Mesa,AZ in your profile. Isn't there anywhere in the valley to get this kind of stuff? I've searched far and wide and have nothing to show for it.

We haven't had any luck finding anything here. There's a guy out in mesa who carves tikis, but that's about it. So what are you planning to build with all of this matting/bamboo?

R

Covering a bedroom ceiling. First step in it's tiki-fication.

It's terrible to be afflicted with a 'taste for the tropical' in this god forsaken desert!

at least it's not about to snow there for 6 months. anyone have a rope for sale?

Pages: 1 10 replies