Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

Huki Lau 2005???Where do we sign up?

Pages: 1 7 replies

B

I'm ready to sign up and reserve my spot for HukiLau 2005. What, when and where will it be? Same spot is OK with me, but I'll follow it Anywhere. Swanky and Kiliki, I know you are tired and deserve a short rest so go ahead and take a week or so off, but Then it's back to the grindstone. If I can help in any way, let me know.
hurry hurry hurry
happy happy happy

S
Swanky posted on Fri, Oct 8, 2004 7:31 AM

The first date thrown out for 2005 is November 5th weekend. That's right after the boat show and further out of hurricane season. But that's not at all set.

What I have been considering is something more like Kiliki's Tiki Torch Night's at Trader Vic's Atlanta. Something smaller and more often. Maybe quarterly. I think there are enough people in Florida and a cheap flight away to make it a good time. It would just require finding the right location for a Friday night party that will let us take over, allow some way to get revenue to pay the bands, and make us all happy and at home. The Mai Kai side of it is easy. They just take our reservations for the dinner show and seat us up front together so we can make a lot of noise and enjoy the show!

Vendors could sell out of their rooms or something simple like that. Keeping it low key, no contracts to sign, low cost and low headache is ideal. Some local ohana would need to be in charge of things as we may not even be able to attend unless we find cheap flights ourselves.

Count me in!

Neither hurricane nor hangover can deter this sailor from his drunken rounds. Hukilau 2005 here i come...

Cheers!

Moi

Honestly folks,

We haven't decided on Hukilau 2005. Swanky and I haven't had a chance to speak about it yet.

The event will hopefully still be in Ft. Lauderdale and honoring the Mai Kai - we might even have another date in September.

The official date will be announced prior to or around December 1st.

Yee-Haw & Aloha,

The World of Tiki Kiliki

[ Edited by: tiki_kiliki on 2004-10-09 16:41 ]

S
Swanky posted on Sat, Oct 9, 2004 5:49 PM

Just so it's clear, I am not talking about making Hukilau a quarterly event, but just doing something else that's small and easy and more often.

Hukilau 04 was such a blast!!! I'm completely satisfied. Couldn't care less if it ever happened again. Would be cool if it did. But if it doesn't, we all went out with a bang! (cue up the AC/DC!! Shoot to thrill!!)

I heard you can sign up for Hukilau 2005 with......THE WEATHER CHANNEL!!!!

I'm teasing folks!! tee hee :)

Will the event be moved next year? :wink:

[ Edited by: finkdaddy on 2004-10-15 09:16 ]

Pages: 1 7 replies