Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Pirate music (&PotC intro)???

Pages: 1 7 replies

T

I'm looking for some hearty, spirited pirate songs for our Halloween theme decor. Is there sucha thing as a cd or mp3 site for such music? I've heard there's a PotC CD - is it still available somewhere?

Secondly, does anyone know what the music is at the very beginning of the ride? I know there's a banjo plucking from the shack, but there's also some kind of wind or bellows instrument wheezing out a mellow drone that helps set the mood in the bayou section.

Any info would be appreciated.

M

Tiki=bot,

It took a little searching, but I found this:
http://www.laughingplacestore.com/Product-0419.asp

Track #23: "Banjo" featuring both songs used in the "Bayou" scene

I might have bought one for myself. :D

[ Edited by: MachTiki on 2004-10-08 15:44 ]

oh yeah... The "Yo Ho" Mega Mix!

excellent research machtiki!

M

Thank you J$.
This was the only store that still carries the damn CD (they only made 2,500 of this Limited Edition). Everyone else (including MouseShoppe) was sold out?! This place was also the cheapest at $29.18.

Digital stereo mechanical pirates... I'm a geek. Have I totally lost it?

[ Edited by: MachTiki on 2004-10-08 14:00 ]

you may also want to lurk on this other forum:

http://www.pyracy.com/forums/

they may have some more good ideas for piratical music....

On 2004-10-10 15:18, Polynesiac wrote:
you may also want to lurk on this other forum:

http://www.pyracy.com/forums/

ARRRRR...thanks for the link matey. I've got me eye (my one good one) on that thong at Davey's Locker. 'twill make the perfect gift for my wench when I get back to port. That Jolly Roger will be flyin' from my main mast quicker than you can say "well blow me down"...ARRRRR

I finally got the CD and listened to it during my commute into work today (it's official... I'm a geek). Anyway, One of the tracks is the entire ride from start to finish (crisp & clean, complete with sound effects). They even mixed it so that the sounds come out the left and right channels based on were the voices/sounds come from on the actual ride. Not only is it awesome to hear exactly what everyone is saying, but it's great just hearing those familliar Disney voice actors (specifically Paul Frees). If you've heard it on the ride, you'll hear it on the CD. Right down to the parrot asking you to be careful getting onto the boat.

The drawback from ordering it from "The Laughing Place" was the amount of time it took for them to send the CD - which was almost three weeks. If you order from them, I'd advise that you call after a week and inquire about your order. When I called, they did the old, "Oh yeah... we just got those in. It'll go out tomorrow". When, in fact, I think all they did was finally walk over to Disneyworld and pick up a copy.

[ Edited by: MachTiki on 2004-10-29 11:22 ]

he would probably kill you if you associated him with a pirate, but remember john paul jones is buried in a casket full of rum at the naval acadmeny in annapolis, md.

and i mean the admiral, not the bass player :)

yo ho!

Pages: 1 7 replies