Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Gym in Boston, looking for Tiki Art , Building a Tiki Room

Pages: 1 15 replies

B

HI all you tiki artists out here. I just spoke with Ed from Boston, who has a large Physical fitness business and is looking to build a Tiki room and is looking for several tikis and other adornments . My suggestion was to have several TC artists do the art work. Ed will be here on TC sometime in the near future to check out all our artists and to make friends and get tiki. Ed is Very serious and ready to start work. More later. BenZart

[ Edited by: Benzart on 2004-10-09 09:16 ]

T

Hey I just talked to Ed two days ago too after he called me!

B

Anyone want to carve tikis for this job? Ed knows shipping will be high because of the weight and it isn't a problem.

Any desire for some ceramic tiki-esque pieces like signs, masks, wall hangings, etc.? If so, any specific designs in mind? When does he need them?

WHat?!?!?! SHipping's no problem?!?!

I'll ship from 'Pedro CA if he wants...it would be nice...a former Bostonian sending tikis back home to the cold, cold North East.

I have a feeling others may be interested too...
You gonna do it tOnY?

K

I'll do some lamps if he's interested next time you talk to him.

I could probably deliver to boston. how much stuff is he looking for? tikis, wall hangings,a bar (in a gym?) sure a juice bar.masks, lamps, etc....

B

I can offer him a good deal on hand-built ceramic stuff, too. I work in the studio alone, so whatever I do has to be quality, not quantity, or may take some time.

Can you let him know I'm interested?

Sorry folks,
Ed and I sealed the deal on a 5 foot tiki, mask, shelves, and a sign. Maybe he wants more? Maybe he is ordering more from others? I know he also ordered a Bosko mug shelf, and a bunch of mugs from TIki Farm but not sure what else? If you're reading... Aloha Ed!
Chisel slinger, dude, love those tall skinny tikis, I can't stop thinking about those!
Polynesiac, when you gonna pick up that palm log.... ooooh the soft melon-like palm cuts like butter!
Benzart, How'd you hear about Phys Ed?

MG

I'd love to get some of my serigraphs in there. May he can preorder a "TiKy tOny" serigraph....hint hint.

Does he need any glass floats?

http://www.fallingcocos.com/

[ Edited by: MEAN GENE on 2004-10-12 08:31 ]

B

TikiTony, he called me last Saturday and I told him about TC and that there were several artists who could supply him since I wasn't able to supply all that he seemed to want. So I posted here after OKing it with him.

tiki tony, benzart. it was so nice meeting you both. what great people and artists. I regret it was only for one night. tony, we love those necklaces man. wish you could have brought some of your bigger stuff. this guy who ordered your tiki will not be dissapointed! cant wait to see you all soon. jimmy.

Quote:

On 2004-10-09 09:15, Benzart wrote:
HI all you tiki artists out here. I just spoke with Ed from Boston, who has a large Physical fitness business and is looking to build a Tiki room and is looking for several tikis and other adornments . My suggestion was to have several TC artists do the art work....

Try not to laugh!: Would he be willing to provide the wood? Seriously, I'm currently unemployed and would love the work, but wood has been hard to come by these days! I can also paint!

I'm just finishing up log #2 from this springs roundup and it looks great! I hope to post some pics soon!

-FB

[ Edited by: FreakBear on 2004-10-12 17:29 ]

Ed contacted me last week, mentioned your name, I just figured out it was you, doh! I know you as Benzart:-) I sent him back here, my back ain't up to those 5 footers right now.

Glad it all has worked out. I pointed Ed towards Al, Ben, Benz, Tony, Chiki, Wayne, Bosko, Munktiki and all as his enthusiasm was/is the best! Thanks Benz for further turnin' the Ed Man (aka Phys Ed) onto TC! Other great artist's postin' their wares - hope Ed sees this!
Mahaloz,
Holden

[ Edited by: smogbreather on 2004-10-13 23:57 ]

B

He told me he saw the post and that it was great.
Thanks SB

Pages: 1 15 replies