Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

nEw Elephant slirping from a Bumatay Necklace

Pages: 1 9 replies

T

Hey fOLks,
I'm so pumped, I just finished a new necklace, while I was working on my new Tiki Farm mug, and thought I'd show it. It looks big in the picture, but its barely taller than a quarter. I'll be making a mold of it soon, and making resin copies. I was thinking of pastel pinks, blues, greens? Would you like this in mug form?

Tony that necklace kicks ass! I love elephants and have quite a large collection of them as well as tikis. I also sport an elephant tatoo around my left arm that is similar to Flea's from the Red Hot Chili Peppers. That design would look awsome as a mug. It was really great meeting you at Hukilau, I love the necklace I bought from you. I will e-mail you soon because I wanted to buy one of your 8x10 drawings to frame in bamboo like the one Tim(Mcdougall has). Take it easy Tony.

Aaron

B

Tony, That is so cool. How'd you come up with the Elephant Idea. Kep it up and you won't have to finish college.

Fantastic Tony!

I love it, and would love to have a necklace and a mug out of him!

Realllly cute!

C

Very cool Tiki-T. That is going to be a pretty unique mug, What kind of drink do you serve in Tiki Elephant mug?
I Like all this animal god imagery that people are connecting into tiki.

Check this one out by Bushdoctor Benz:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=7531&forum=7&start=405
All of this is really cool stuff and we all saw it here first!

Chongolio, friend of the animals

-- I believe that our Heavenly Father invented the monkey because he was disappointed in man."
... Mark Twain

Come explore http://www.lost-isle.com

[ Edited by: Chongolio on 2004-10-09 21:12 ]

T

Thanks RR, TW. Chongo. Benz, in highschool, I used to make funny fliers for fake events using charactiers or photos of school officials, school jocks, etc. and used a little elephant drawing as my logo/ signature and called it elePHAT. So 8 years later, I finally sculpted him. Dude, I love this necklace below. I didn't see this at Hukilau.. was it even there? As I'm falling asleep in my class at night learning how to teach and manage a classroom, I dream about supporting myself through my obsessions, but we'll see! I'd love to be a full time artist and actually get paid for it!

Very cool elephant carving - he sure looks happy drinkin' from that mug...

sign me up for a necklace! maybe a mug too...sure is a cool idea...

Hey Tiki Tony, that elephant looks great! Sorry I did not get much of a chance to talk at Hurricane Hukilau. Can't wait to see your tiki mug with Tiki Farm. When you have something to show post em.

[ Edited by: Swamp Fire on 2004-10-10 12:53 ]

T

Thanks Polynesiac.... I'm going to pick up the mold stuff Monday, and hopefully have them by the end of the week! Swampy, I wish we could have talked too, but when I finally came over, someone else butted in. I love that hand made book, you had, great idea, I hope people realize how freaking awesome it is and buy you out of 'em. I love the idea of that small priceless book. I'll see you again though.
Folks, I've got another tiki necklace up on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3934988369

B

Hey Tony and everyone else. I DIDN"T do that Whale rider carving. I was just showing that to someone for one I would Like to do. That is done by a New Zealand artist who I don't know.
I guess I'll have to remove it from my page.
Thanks.
T Tony, I know my time was too short at HukiLau and it seemed like your corner was Always too full of people to vitit you much. Glad though, I did get to meet you. Awesome work, lad.

Pages: 1 9 replies