Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Superman, Dead at 52

Pages: 1 4 replies

He truly was a Superman in my book.
R.I.P. Mr. Reeve, I'll see you on Krypton.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200410/s1217631.htm

COPY:
Christopher Reeve, star of the Superman movies who suffered a near-fatal riding accident nine years ago, has died of heart failure at the age of 52.

Reeve broke his neck in May 1995 when he was thrown from his horse during an equestrian competition in the United States and went on to become an advocate for spinal cord research.

He fell into a coma on Saturday after going into cardiac arrest while at home, his publicist said in a press release.

"Reeve was being treated for a pressure wound that he developed, a common complication for people living with paralysis. In the past week, the wound had become severely infected, resulting in a serious systemic infection," the release said.

"Reeve was admitted to Northern Westchester Hospital on Saturday evening and never regained consciousness. His family was at his side at the time of death."

Reeve is survived by his mother Barbara Johnson and his father Franklin Reeve, his brother Benjamin Reeve, his wife Dana, their 12-year-old son Will and his two children from a former relationship, Matthew (25) and Alexandra (21).

No plans for a funeral have been announced.

D

This is indeed sad news-he tried so hard to get better-he can again leap tall buildings with a single bound.

We lost one of the good ones yesterday. May we all remember this man, and find passion in our own lives!

I always wanted to ride horses as a kid. We never had the money though... I guess it was a good thing.

I think I'm going to write a book and call it "How Poverty Saved My Life".

What exactly is/was Mr Reeves famous for besides the Academy Award winning Superman stuff?

"I'm ashamed to be here, but not too ashamed to leave..."

Celebrate 'International Tiki Day' the second Saturday in August - hau'oli la tiki!

[ Edited by: Tiki_Bong on 2004-10-11 10:12 ]

Pages: 1 4 replies