Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Music

Funny Little Gay Hawaiian Chant...

Pages: 1 11 replies

K

...or, WHY YOU SHOULD NEVER GO NEAR THE RECORDING EQUIPMENT AFTER CONSUMING INTOXICATING ADULT BEVERAGES!

Enjoy!

http://www.whollycatsband.com/images/Hawaiian_War_Chant_-_Ruff_Mix.MP3

A hui hou,
Kanekila

P

Great old sound.
You guys play and sing well together.

Looking forward to seeing you 'live' again.

S

Pardon my ignorance, but just who is playing? It's great! Is there a CD floating around anywhere? Thanks.

i have to admit i expected somthing more like a metrosexual dance beat with hawaiian stuff, based on the thread title :) my misconception was blown away by the coolness of the song. i almost expected to hear vinyl crackles and pops in there :) classic!

Oh that's great!

Just the thing to get my toes tappping this October afternoon!

Mahalo!!

O

Once again, You guys rock! give us the cd now! We can not wait..Thanks for the tunes...

Who are you? Where do you play? Must....find....out!

Great stuff! Thanks much.

Hey everyone -- thanks to all of you for the nice comments. This is another Haole Kats!!! cut. It was pretty much just one take, and not really trying to be particularly uptight or anal about getting everything "perfect." Maybe that's the key? Also, I think it's the resonator steel guitar, and of course, the upright bass that really give it that old-time sound.

This, along with several other tunes will go on our short Hawaiian CD that we're trying to get together. We hope to have it done soon.

Glad to hear some folks out there are diggin' it.

Mahalo!
Kanekila

L

On 2004-10-11 07:21, Kanekila wrote:
...or, WHY YOU SHOULD NEVER GO NEAR THE RECORDING EQUIPMENT AFTER CONSUMING INTOXICATING ADULT BEVERAGES!

Enjoy!

http://www.whollycatsband.com/images/Hawaiian_War_Chant_-_Ruff_Mix.MP3

A hui hou,
Kanekila

Cool! Jez like the old days Waikiki 60's!
Luv the tiki ruff mix mp3, too!

Eh. but,
Where was the tahitian and maori jpegs shot?

Guys - you r AWESOME!!! ANd I don't hand out musical compliments easily. I've been out of the music scene (performing) for the past year, just to clear my head and to allow myself to fall in love with being a musician again. You guys are helping. Please let me know if you ever plan to come to O'ahu. Would love to see you live.

TK

Kanekila,

That's awesome! Very authentic I wouldn't change a thing. HWC is one of my all time favorites along with Duke Kamoku's Pagan Love Song! Have you guys ever covered Pagan Love Song? I'd love to hear more

-FB

Pages: 1 11 replies