Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

Bar Top Stain w/ photos

Pages: 1 3 replies

T

Hey. I really want to say thanks to each and every one of you for creating, posting and keeping up this site. I have spent so much time reading posts on this site and it's great. My roomate and I are building a tiki bar in our apartment and I needed some advice. We want to coat our bar top in some semi-gloss polyurethane but we also liked the idea of putting pictures or photos underneath the coating. I've seen a few pictures of bars on this site that have done that. I was just wondering if there was a particular stain or coating to use for that purpose. I would think that just throwing on regular polyurethane finish would eat away at the pictures, but I don't know enough about it to be sure. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Zeek

T

Get a epoxy, not the poly stuff. It is at home depot, that what I used. Do a search on my name.. I am going to be posting a ton of new pics this week. If I can help, let me know

D

http://eclecticproducts.com/famowood/ctggc.asp

We used Famowood Glaze Coat Epoxy from Home Depot. We had to make sure to seal all the cracks and crevises before pouring, it may leak through any little holes or cracks in the bar top. I'm happy with the results of our top.

[ Edited by: DawnTiki on 2004-11-07 16:46 ]

Pages: 1 3 replies