Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Travel

San Francisco & East bay Area favorite (often vintage) restaurant & bars

Pages: 1 2 58 replies

to quote an old post

"If you haven't tried E & 0 Trading Co. 314 Sutter Street, S.F. please do so. The drinks are strong and delicious, and the corn fritters are pretty good too."

We hit this place a couple of years ago and I fell in love with their Tiger Paw cocktail. I believe it had a splash of Kahlua in it. If anyone knows their recipe PM me please.

I really do need to spend some time in the city checking out all the cool places. Thanks for the list.

So close, but yet, so far.......

M

How about Smuggler's Cove?
Is it a must see??? :)
(B)650 Gough Street(at McAllister)5pm to closing daily http://smugglerscovesf.com/trapdoor/
:)

[ Edited by: mrsmiley 2013-12-15 23:57 ]

bump

My original post updated to reflect general neighbnorhoods....

Updated my original post to add TOSCA - SF institution that may close! NOTE- It did close for a little bit. Reopened with food and much higher prices. I haven't been to the new version yet.

[ Edited by: mrsmiley 2013-12-15 23:59 ]

M

Removed a couple places that have since closed... :(

H

Can any of the locals tell me about this place called Tadich Grill on California Street, would you recommend it?

M

On 2013-04-07 20:55, hiltiki wrote:
Can any of the locals tell me about this place called Tadich Grill on California Street, would you recommend it?

My friend, Thejab has been there more often and more recently than I have ( I moved away about 7 years ago). He HIGHLY recommends it -without a doubt!

I can't wait to return-and I know where to stay! We came across The Royal Pacific Motor Inn on Broadway near Columbus- right at the Chinatown / North Beach border. Walkable to the Tonga Room and any part of North Beach and Chinatown. We paid about $115 with free parking, but worth it to be near the action! http://royalpacificmotorinn.com/

It's a crime to go to San Francisco and not go to Smugglers Cove!

On 2013-04-07 20:55, hiltiki wrote:

Some say the Tadich Grill is the oldest restaurant in San Francisco. Others say it is the current restaurant with the freshest fish. It certainly is a well-known institution.

Pages: 1 2 58 replies