Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Hawaiin Shirts in Op Shops!

Pages: 1 5 replies

H

I'm guessing everyone loves Hawaiin shirts? (Thank you captain obvious)

What are your best buys? I have some very cool threads i have got from op shops.

I went in today to get some 'hippy' clothes for a role play at uni. Guess what, i ended up buying hawaiin shirts as well!

Never look a gift horse in the mouth and all that.

H

Also, has anyone stopped to think why there are always a stack of hawaiin shirts at the op shops? How many people have woken up with a Mai Tai induced hang over and said ENOUGH! No more Hawaiin stuff...

welcome hewey!

i think there may be a bit of confusion, as most stores in the u.s.a. where one buys secondhand clothes etc. are typically called 'thrift stores,' although there are some stores in our areas called "opportunity shops" or "op shops."

just to clarify, if need be ~ ?

but to answer your question, i agree, some thrift stores tend to have many hawaiian shirts. i scored a beautiful hilo hattie in augusta, georgia for $3.50. i suppose people buy them on vacation then find they aren't wearing them once they get home. all the better for us!!!

Oh, "Opportunity Shops!" I couldn't figure out why you'd go to an Ocean Pacific shop for Hippy wear & why it'd be unusual that there's Hawaiian Shirts there!

Rev. Dr. Frederick J. Freelance, Ph.D., D.F.S

[ Edited by Humuhumu to fix BBCode ]

[ Edited by: Humuhumu on 2004-10-13 09:45 ]

H

FF, that was my thought, too! Well not exactly... my thought was "Ocean Pacific is still in business? And they're in Australia?"

Pages: 1 5 replies