Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

My Tiki Pinstriping

Pages: 1 7 replies

While at the James Dean Run in Fairmount, IN a couple of weeks ago, I had a pinstriper do some free-hand on my '48 Ford.
Thought I'd share it with you...if I can...
(It's been a while since I've posted a pic.)

Lets give it a try...

Having trouble...obviously...sorry about this.

[ Edited by: the75stingray on 2004-10-14 09:04 ]

[ Edited by: the75stingray on 2004-10-14 09:05 ]

[ Edited by: the75stingray on 2004-10-14 09:08 ]

Very nice work. I'd like to see a pic of the whole car if possible too. The James Dean Run is a good show. I've been to it twice, but back in the late '80s.

http://www.samgambino.com

Thats is super cool, as Sam said please show us more of the car too.Maybe here:
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=10920&forum=6&start=0

Rodeo - Thanks! I have thrown a few pics into that thread. I had not seen that before, thanks!

Sam- Yeah, the James Dean Run has grown alot over the years. We register at the JD Run in Fairmount, as well as the Ducktail Run in Gas City (15 minutes away) every year.
They say that next year is going to be HUGE due to the fact that it'll be the 50th anniversary of his death. I don't know where they can put any more cars!

My '48 Ford has the little Hula girl in the back window, a Pizz sticker on the firewall, a Hawaii Mooneyes vanity plate and the Mooneyes (Jimmy C TikiMoon) gear shift.
It's has the Flathead V8 and lake pipes. It's lowered a bit and cruises great!

[ Edited by: the75stingray on 2004-10-16 22:06 ]

Very cool. I really like the skirts. Are those lancers on the front?

Very cool. I really like the skirts. I need to get back to that James Dean run. I heard that part of it broke off a few years back and moved to Lima, Ohio too.

Sweet ride Stingray! When you comin' So Cali side?

Bong - Oh man, I wish I could get out there to the CA runs! Maybe someday!

Sam - The hubs on the front are not Lancers...I THINK they are Olds Fiesta's...but not entirely sure about that.

And the "split" several years back became the Rebel Run and it was all over there for a while, but yes, it is currently held in Lima, Ohio the weekend before the James Dean and Ducktail Runs which are always held the last full weekend in September.

I wish some of you guys could make it out here!

Thanks!

Pages: 1 7 replies