Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Kreepy Mug is now available

Pages: 1 33 replies

This just in from Peter Jennings, Munktiki just put a new mug out, its pretty nice check it out, and it's not an ebay mug!! $35 bones limited to 150. http://www.munktiki.com/Newest.htm

wow, killer mug....nice print too....

Thanks for the heads up. I saw this on their site a long time ago as an upcomming design. Now one is on it's way.

Everytime I say there aren't any new mugs I want...

V

The painting and the mug was at Otto's Tiki art now show, and are on the book.
Really nice

[ Edited by: Unga Bunga on 2004-10-23 13:12 ]

I've had a white version of this mug for a few months now. I bought mine at Zellers (think Target without the hipness) But it wasn't made by Munktiki...Hmmmm. I'll post a photo of it later.

Unga,

Its actually, 12 white 12 black in the rough glaze, and 12 glossy red. Almost all are gone already, but still plenty of yellow.

Not made by us? zellers? Huh? Id like to see a pic. If so, someones in a heap of trouble.

-stuckie

Interesting...

Hey Stuckie, if you win huge piles of money from the lawsuit, can I have a free mug?

Here is a pic of the white, red, and black Kreepy. Didn't put the yellow one in the pic because you all know what it looks like. They're sweet huh?!

THe K.R.E.E.P.Y. mug was originally made for Kreepy records, designed by Dr. Alderete. It was supposed to have been imported, we were in the process of aproving samples(none of which were any good) when comunication was lost with Kreepy records, project terminated. We then decided to work directly with Dr. Alderete and make them ourselves in a ltd edition.

So.... its a bit scary to think about what may have become of those prototypes in China.

Not much could really be done other then send out cease and desist letter.

-stuckie

N

I like the red one, how can I get one of those?

On 2004-10-15 16:46, stuckieshaft wrote:
Unga,

Its actually, 12 white 12 black in the rough glaze, and 12 glossy red.
-stuckie

Damn Stuckie, a second misquote from Unga.
Will definstely call YOU for the direct info in the future.
Your misguided friend, Unga.

[ Edited by: Unga Bunga on 2004-10-16 00:54 ]

Atomicchick,
Excellent score!

V

On this picture, you can see that Shag likes the design of the mug :

Stuckie, How can i get one of the different colors of the Kreepy mug. My order is in - can i get a different one than the yellow?
thanks!

[ Edited by: kimcheebref on 2004-10-16 20:22 ]

Hello,

As promised, here is the pic of the knock-off Kreepy mug. Actually, I have 2. One is Brown, which I don't think was a colour yet mentioned. Anyway, you'll notice that the knock-off is different in that it has far less detail, and the white mug is glazed black inside:..

I went back and double-checked the other mugs I got from Zellers this summer and guess what?

They weren't Munktiki but they were definately their designs:

Crazy huh?

[ Edited by: Slacks Ferret on 2004-10-16 23:12 ]

I have a green El Diablo too and two of the shot glasses done in green. I got all three of them from Ms. Neilsen's store. They are genuine Munktiki's.

N

Atomicchick, where is Ms. Neilsen's store?

[ Edited by: net-tiki on 2004-10-17 06:28 ]

Slacks,
thanks for the pics. What do the bottom's of these mugs say?

Time to start typing those cease and desist letters. Unbelieveable.
Hmm actually now that I think about it. I think I actually put the physical copyrights through for the El Bastardo and Skull monkey designs. Thats not good for them.

-stuckie

[ Edited by: tikichic 2005-10-06 07:08 ]

I didn't get the mugs at Munktiki's store, I got the mugs at Mrs. Neilsen's (Paul's wife/Stuckie's mom) store like I stated earlier. The store is in Carmel.

On 2004-10-17 06:27, net-tiki wrote:
Atomicchick, where is Ms. Neilsen's store?

Vanities is on Ocean Blvd. in Carmel,CA

[ Edited by: tikichic 2005-10-06 07:08 ]

so what exactly is zellers in canada? is this a chain store, and are these mugs marked in any fashion on the bottom? what price are they selling them for?

it does appear that they are not as crisp, and also a little shinier than the real munktikis.

stuckie~ i hope you and paul really stick it to 'em.

and if you ever find yourself in sleepy carmel, you simply must visit vanities.....debra AND yoko run a fine store. (but watch out for debra--she is quite the saleslady...leave plastic at home!) :)

I checked the "Zellers" website but I didn't come across any of the mugs.

http://www.hbc.com/zellers/

edit I found the site yesterday before the pics were posted on this thread. Wanted to compare the two mugs. Not lookin for a deal! :)

[ Edited by: yumyumkid on 2004-10-17 14:56 ]

Hi Stuckie,

I don't have the labels that were on the bottom of these mugs anymore. They were quite cumbersome and didn't really have much info on them anyway. There is nothing idented on the bottom.

I think they were made in China, and the name of the company was something like Garden Trends or Zen Gardens. I dunno, I could be way off on that...

Sorry I can't be more help.

I think that sombody is in deep doo-doo.

[ Edited by: kimcheebref on 2004-10-17 23:41 ]

I got a Red and a Yellow one on the way! They'll look soooo cool next to my Black & White Wannabe Bastards!

I just got mine today, that suka's big!! Thanks Paul and Stuckie for another great mug!!!

Amazing! Their website says that Kreepy is already sold out.

Yep those things went fast. If you still want them you might be able to get one from Dr. alderete. not sure though. My Mom may have a couple at her store as well.

Yo slacks, thanks for bringing that whole knock off thing to my attention. We are getting to the bottom of it now and may even be reimbursed , though the slime balls sold us out for next to nothing. Disgusting, the guy at the bottom of this ruined his and many others reputation for a measly $500 profit on that deal.

Slacks, shoot me a private message I'll see what I can do to get you a free kreepy for making that info known.

-stuckie

K
Kono posted on Fri, Oct 22, 2004 7:32 PM

On 2004-10-22 12:56, stuckieshaft wrote:
Slacks, shoot me a private message I'll see what I can do to get you a free kreepy for making that info known.

-stuckie

Can ya hook him up with someone who makes prints?? :)

Sorry Slacks, but you know this hasn't come up in a few days... :wink:

Whoa! Who makes that print? That is awesome!

K
Kono posted on Sat, Oct 23, 2004 7:31 AM

On 2004-10-22 21:55, Atomicchick wrote:
Whoa! Who makes that print? That is awesome!

Slacks painted that and some of us are trying (bugging) to get him to make prints of it. It is awesome.

Pages: 1 33 replies