Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

manic cat b-day nyc

Pages: 1 13 replies

Hang out with me on my b-day at Otto's Shrunken Head!
All are welcomed.

MONDAY OCT 18 NO COVER
8pm The Dobro Stylings of SMITTY serenades your weary ass
TIKI MONDAYS. 9pm
LOUNGE & EXOTICA WITH SAN FRANCISCO'S FISHERMAN
FISHERMAN will be playing the vibes with his dynamite trio EVERY MONDAY
DJ PHILTHY PHIL spins lounge, exotica, 60's soundtrack

Wish I could be there! :( I'm sure it will be a great time. Happy Birthday MC. Say Aloha to Shalom Aloha for me.

Manic, I will definitely be there! What time?

MC

Fisherman is on @ 9pm. Gonna be there then.

Turbo--I got the Otto's t-shirt for your wife. You gotta come back to NYC and pick it up!
thanks for b-day wishes

H

Happy birthday, manic cat! My thoughts will be with you, I wish my dancin' & drinkin' body could be, too! Give a big hello to all your friends for me, and have a great time.

S

hey manic!

wish i could be there. i'll be missing you by a week. perhaps a celebration the following week in norwalk?!

hope your birthday is tiki-riffic!

best wishes.

MC

Thanks Humuhumu!
Thanks Uncle Arty!
I LOVE YOU GUYS!!

Happy Birthday Manic Cat!

Have a blast tonight! Unfortunately, I can't make it (I'm actually going to be in the city almost every night this week except tonight which I have to spend working from home).

But ...

I've been meaning to ask y'all NYC TCers if any of you are interested in getting to together for some cool things coming to the city. There's the
Aztec exhibit at the Guggenheim (which I saw in London - it blew me away!!!) ...
the Rubin Museum which its art of the Himalayas, which just opened in Soho ... & MOCA has it's Chinese Restaurants exhibit w/ Harley Spillers massive Chinese restaurant menu, ephemera collection!

None of it necessarily tiki, but we could wash down some mai tais or zombies afterward.

Anyway, these are some things Emi & I are planning to see in New York. & of course, we'd love it if anybody joined us.

[ Edited by: Tiki Chris on 2004-10-18 06:41 ]

Sorry you won't be able to make it Tiki Chris. The other "non-Tiki" events sound pretty cool, we should try to plan something.

So how was it, party people?

It was a great time. Of course, The Fisherman were fantastic. Manic had some friends and family there and we took over the back room. Wish you were there.

T

congrats to Manic on her B-Day!
Happy to be able to host her and her friends!
steve
otto's

MC

Thanks everyone for the fun time! (proper thank-u cards are in the works)

i'm up for Museums especially since I work at one and can get 4 guests into the Met for free (there's Ocenia art here) and for other museums myself and 1 guest in at no charge. Let's do it!

urban tiki!
PM your mailing address to me. I want to send you a thank-u note.
L

Pages: 1 13 replies