Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

2-Sided Display Frame?

Pages: 1 4 replies

I recently picked up a hand-held fan from Don the Beachcomber's restaurant in Waikiki. It has interesting things on both sides.

Because of this, does anyone know where I can get some sort of 2-sided display frame for it? I was thinking something with glass on both sides so one could see both sides.

Bong,
You can probably go to Aaron Brothers and pickup a Shadow Box that has glass on both sides. Once you get one, you can probably dress it up to make it look more nautical.

**Poly-Pop ***

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

[ Edited by: PolynesianPop 2013-02-04 20:35 ]

Good idea Polynesion Pop. I'll send Madam Bong there Chop Chop!

Great question Bong!
I have been pondering the same thing for months regarding the framing of menus from tiki restaurants. I'd like to be able to frame them, but still look at both sides if I want to. The only thing I could think of was some sort of a double-sided frame, but I have never actually seen one. The shadow box idea sounds promising...

Check out The Money Man Gallery in Tustin or at the Block in Orange. John buys lots of my tiki bars and other tiki stuff and has a frame shop that does those frames too. Nice guy, way into tiki but hates the computer.

Pages: 1 4 replies