Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Halloween at the Purple Orchid

Pages: 1 8 replies

Damn the calendar! We're gonna have Halloween on Saturday, October 30th.

Truly Lover Trio will play and you know you dig that Rockabilly sound! Marcel promises this will be a GREAT show.

We will have prizes for scariest and SEXIEST costumes.

And maybe, just maybe, Holden will come through in time and we will have some new, customized mugs for your enjoyment.

Angela will be having her birthday party that same evening at 7pm. If you saw her mermaid outfit at Hukilau you know she will be in the running for sexiest costume on Halloween.

Plus, you heard it here first, Project Pimento will be appearing at the Purple Orchid Saturday, November 13! Mark your calendar and start phoning in excuses why you won't be anywhere else because you need your theramin fix to get you through the holidays.

And speaking of holidays, we will be having a New Year's Eve party. Dawn Shipley and the Sharpshooters will be rockin' da house, champagne at midnight, and we will have a balloon drop if I can figure out how to keep the puffer fish from popping the balloons. Hor D'oeurves all night.

You know we have Monday Martini and a Manicure (yes, you can get a Martini and a Manicure for only $10). We have a new addition. Chair massage by Just Massage, $1/minute. I had one last week, it was da bomb!

You say debuachery like its a bad thing.

Purple Orchid is located at 221 Richmond St., El Segundo (310) 322-5829.

Halloween @ the Purple Orchid is going to be so much fun! Everyone come early for my little birthday soiree. I might even sing a little song with the band later...
See y'all there!
Angela

H

ok is anyone going or what? need to know?

DZ

Wouldn't miss this for anything! ('cept maybe trick-or-treating...)
DolphinTiki & I plan on gettin' there early enough to wish Mermadia a happy b-day & then stay laaaaaaaaaaaate as usual. (Hey! Daylight Savings Time starts at 2:00 that night = an EXTRA HOUR OF DRINKING!!) Truly Lover Trio is a great band and I'm curious to see if Moi can still dance with Angela if she's dressed like a mermaid! Plus I want to see if Mike (the doorman) dresses in the costume we talked about a few weeks ago...
Speaking of costumes, of course I'm hopin' to win a costume prize again this year! :wink:
Definitely lookin' forward to another great night at the Orchid!

See you all in a few days!

I just thought I needed to bump this one up a bit.

Come on!! Who's coming out for this one!

Really awesome party last year and I expect it will just as great this year!

C U all there!

Damn, I'm never drinking again!

H

I can definately relate to you CheekyGirl.

Yeah, the drinks at the PO are pretty potent. I was yackin' all colors of the rainbow: Clear, followed by red, green and then a very lovely shade of chartreuse. It was swell.

I got to the PO late, so we missed seeing a lot of folks' costumes. It was pretty fun. But, damn, I was out-of-control, can I ever show my face at the PO again!?

[ Edited by: CheekyGirl 2007-05-07 10:38 ]

Cheekygirl you were awesome! Anyone who says different is itchin' for a dustin'. This was the best Halloween yet! All the costumes were fantastic and people had a blast. Thanks for adding to the fun!

Pages: 1 8 replies