Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Joel at Trader Vic's Atlanta Best Bartender 2004!

Pages: 1 6 replies

Joel is finally famous. Alot of you are familiar with Joel Lindsey, bar manager and expert mixologist at Trader Vic's Atlanta. He's just been voted Best Bartender in Atlanta 2004 by Creative Loafing. I know he's a lurker on TC so I wanted him to know how much we appreciate him! I'm a little late posting this but here's the link:

http://atlanta.creativeloafing.com/2004-09-30/dark_critic19.html

In an example of positive synchronicity, I also mentioned Joel by name within an article on Tropical Drinks that I am writing for a website called ForcesOfGood.com - it'll be on line around December 1.

Never mind Atlanta - Joel is one of the best bartenders in the USA right now.

Agreed 110 %. Joel is hard to beat. He's one of those bartenders you consider it a special treat to drive three hours to visit and enjoy his drinks. The man is a credit to the excellence at Trader Vic's...(and one helluva nice guy to boot!)

T

I'll have another Mai Tai Joel!

Nothing like reviving a thread nearly 10 years old..

Joel introduced me to what a proper Polynesian cocktail should be like. I first visited TV's here in Atlanta around the time that this thread started.

I measure all Zombies against Joel's. Same for the Mai Tai. Same for the Navy Grog.

Not only is he a great barkeep, he is a nice guy who makes time for chitchat with familiar faces. That's a hard thing to do when you're working a hotel bar with a bunch of different folks coming and going.

Joel's still there, still making great drinks, still making TV's Atlanta a great piece of living tiki history.

TT

Was at TVATL for the first time about 4 months ago Joel made the night. Great conversations and better drinks. I'll take Joel over the maidens any day.

T

We were there in June just after the Hukilau and had a great night, He showed us around and made great drinks, Even made a macadamia nut chi chi not on the menu

Pages: 1 6 replies