Tiki Central / Tiki Marketplace

eBay: new kahiki item listed on ebay

Pages: 1 15 replies

B

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3936632011
thanks for looking email if you want a copy of michael tsao's letter

B
T

Does anyone know if these are actually from the Kahiki?

J
JTD posted on Tue, Oct 26, 2004 9:27 AM

tikigreg,
I would think a letter from Mr. Tsao would pretty firmly establish their provenance. Now, if the letter's a fake or the letter's real and Mr. Tsao is lying, that would be a pretty elaborate (and criminal) ruse to net a few hundred bucks, if that.

JTD

T

Well, the reason I ask is, the letter shown and the copy I received is in Word format, and editable. Plus, the item mentioned in the letter is for a sword, which these obviously are not. And, it is the same letter used in all the previous auctions. So I was just wondering.

J
JTD posted on Tue, Oct 26, 2004 12:56 PM

Yikes!

M

bdler3,

Maybe you could step in and clear this up for TikiGreg?

Mahalo,
MachTiki

B

WOW......I understand that you all doubt the validity of my claim. Yes the letter was done in word format and we left a blank to be filled in on the item currently selling. Because of the number of items it would have been near impossible to have a letter for each item. The stuff marked kahiki is obvious. I guess if you dont believe me contact michael tsao at kahiki.com(he told me he has recieved calls already)If you don't believe him OH WELl I hope this clears this up these are all from the kahiki restaurant thanks for you interest and good luck bidding
barry

T

I'll let you know what I find out when I hear back from the folks at kahiki.com :)

This pretty much answers (if true,likely in my opinion) what is to become of the kahiki in storage. Just let me know when another barrel is up.

K

On 2004-10-31 22:43, Mike the Headhunter wrote:
This pretty much answers (if true,likely in my opinion) what is to become of the kahiki in storage. Just let me know when another barrel is up.

I'd say that what you suggest here has been my supposition all along. I'm certain that the contents of the place will be Ebayed and or sold off at standard auctions, slowly over time.

In spite of what everyone wants to hear, many of us who live in Columbus do not believe the long whispered rumors of a new Kahiki location. I think this is all a bunch of spin to maybe help sell frozen egg rolls.

Why would anyone hold all of that stuff in storage for this long while at the same time answering queries as to it's fate with vague comments such as "well, if we ever find the right location..." or "we have no plans to open a new restaurant right now, but we have it all in storage of course..."

(I am paraphrasing the above from old newspaper articles)

I'm sorry, but that all just sounds like a bunch garbage to keep fans of the Kahiki as possible buyers for the food brand name. I know it's a business, and I understand that it is about money, not my personal love of the polynesian restaurant. With that in mind, I can't be upset about the direction the Kahiki owners chose to take with their property.

I just wish they'd be honest about it all with regard to the restaurant.

There is no reason why Tsao couldn't just come out and say what is obvious to me: "We will not be reopening the Kahiki. Period"

Then you can wholesale all of the stuff on Ebay for $$$ to Danlovestikis and just get it over with.

Heh heh heh!

Ku Ku Ahu

[ Edited by: Ku Ku Ahu on 2004-11-01 10:31 ]

T

Ya know the bigger shame is that they do not see that tiki culture is growing by leaps and bounds and that by opening a new Kahiki they would be reaping the rewards for the many new tiki people that would make a Kahiki restaraunt a destination point and even a place like the Mai Kai that could be the center point to events like the Hukilau. Just a thought.

T

Michael has already said publicly that he has no plans for building another Kahiki....sucks, huh :(
https://tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=608&forum=1

K

I've read that same statement from Tsao before, and as usual it always comes cloaked with words such as "right now" and "today".

Then there is the fact that this stuff has been sitting in storage costing them money for nearly 5 years.

In addition, there have been articles with the same quotes as this above linked thread that also contain many "ifs and buts" like: if we found the right space, and "but the city didn't want us to build there" etc.

I know it's being picky, but I'd just like Tsao to be more straightforward about it and say what seems to be the truth:

"We are never going to reopen the restaurant and we are slowly selling off the artifacts out of storage."

This is, admitedly, a purely emotionaly driven position on my end, but it just seems to be a more honest way to treat hometown fans of the Kahiki.

Conversely, if the truth is that they just don't know what they are going to do, and this is why they keep some things in storage and let other things go, then tell us that.

Ahu

we went by the eggroll factory the other week.you can see they are remodeling the out side to look like the kahiki. upon peering inside i saw the fountain and various tikis in an office environment. a sign on the door reads something like, this is not a restaurant, but our factory outlet store will be open sometime in november. I suspect that bdlr 3 is a selling agent for tsao. ughhhhhhhhhh!!!!! I hate infiltraitors.

T

This is the reply I got from Michael Tsao, when asked about the authenticity of the items up for bid on ebay:

"Aloha!

Thank you for your email, yes it is with our approval that Mr. Barry Adler is selling a few item that we do not want to retain, in addition we are testing the market with our left over decorating items

MAHALO~~"

Very interesting!

Pages: 1 15 replies